Super Contributor

Re: I may have fallen off the no spend theme

@Snicks1 Picture please when you're done and have time! I love seeing what others do.

Honored Contributor

new rug.jpg

So, here is the rug, in place. I like it. Now that it is in place, the smaller one definitely would have been too small. Glad I went with the larger size. 

"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

Looks great. Love the pressed back chairs and the table.

Super Contributor

Thank you for posting, @Snicks1, it looks perfect!

Honored Contributor

Oh @Snicks1

That rug is so much bigger than I had pictured it being. 

Looks great!

And your table and chairs are very much like mine. I so love this style, and it must be 'out' as I don't see them in stores anymore. 

I went looking at furniture this weekend, as my mom needs an additional chest of drawers, and I gotta say, there is a lot of ugly furniture out there today, and so poorly made, even in the nicer furniture stores. 

I will never trade in my dining table and chairs (although my chairs are getting a little worn and I was considering getting new ones, as much like the one's I already have as I can find, but after seeing what it out there, I just may NOT!).

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio, does your table have the extra leaves to extend it? I have them, but due to space constraints I only put them in for "company", the rest of the time I use it in the round form, makes the dining area seem bigger.
I haven't shopped for furniture for many years, so I have no idea what's out there.
The rug I ended up getting is actually 8' X 10'.
Thanks for your comments.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

wrote:
@Mominohio, does your table have the extra leaves to extend it? I have them, but due to space constraints I only put them in for "company", the rest of the time I use it in the round form, makes the dining area seem bigger.
I haven't shopped for furniture for many years, so I have no idea what's out there.
The rug I ended up getting is actually 8' X 10'.
Thanks for your comments.

@Snicks1

I do have two leaves for in the table, and keep them stored in the spare bedroom laying flat, under the bed. I was told many years ago to never store them any way but flat, as they would warp. Even doing so, because I use them so infrequently, they can be a bit tricky to get in sometimes. I don't have the space to use them except for when we have guests, then they have to come back out, or you can't get through the small dining room!

I bought six chairs and the custom made table pads too. I keep the pads on all the time, and with the table cloth I use, you can't tell they are on there. IT is the only place we have to eat, as our kitchen is too small for a table. So mine gets used multiple times every day.