Honored Contributor

Re: I'm not really one for "sunrooms" but...

Our sunroom has large sliding windows....they are difficult enough to clean...I would hate to have to clean all those window panes.

Respected Contributor

what a location ... i agree with the other posters who did not like those little window panes.  to me, it ruins the look of the room and the view! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

For some reason, designers only think discussion occurs in our rooms.  See how the furniture is placed. 

I was taught a room should have a focal point, one in which none of the furniture and accessories compete with it.  A fireplace is an example.  If a room doesn't have a focal point, create one.  Here it's definitely the windows and view, but the coffee table seems to be the focal point, the furniture not arranged to take advantage of floor to ceiling windows. What if a little fox walked by.  You wouldn't see it.  

IMO, there's too much furniture in this space.  I must ask why is the sofa on the right positioned so close to the doors?  

I'd also use a different color scheme, add area rugs and table lamps.  This room begs for a large unique hanging ceiling lamp...if only for decorative purposes.  

I think it looks unfinished, cold.  Fewer pieces of furniture positioned to focus on the view.  Table lamps, color, softening with area rugs and window coverings.  

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I absolutely love sun rooms.  

This one is very nice, but I am not a big fan of those windows with small panes.  They are too difficult to clean and they block the view by being too busy and too many distract from the beauty.

i know sometimes that are faux and easy to clean ...but it's not a good look, IMO, where there are so many windows.  I would prefer the windows to be more plain or have fewer panes.

@Carmie   I feel the same way....too many window panes to clean and just too busy!

Trusted Contributor

As I am in the  process of replacing all the windows in my home, I was cautioned by the salesperson to be carefull with many small panes.........they resemble ice cube trays : )

Honored Contributor

There's something I can't quite put my finger on-- of course, it's wonderful to have a room with sun streaming in through windows-- but the execution of this one just does not work for me...

Perhaps it's too kind of 'evenly geometric', too regimented looking, everything all squared-off.  I do like sunrooms in older houses, that are a bit more quirky and traditional looking, with comfortable, overstuffed furniture for lazing...

Trusted Contributor

The previous homeowners of our house had done many updates.  When we purchased the home from them, they said their favorite improvement to the house was the sunroom.  We love it too!

Ours is attached to the back of the house.  It looks out to our backyard.  We get to look out and enjoy the pretty landscaping, flowers, birds, etc.  If we want, we can open every window and enjoy the fresh air.  It's like sitting outside, but it's so much more comfortable!

Honored Contributor

Our sunroom has sliding glass doors with panes built inside the glass. I like the panes on ours, but our panes are larger. Our sunroom is also much smaller than the one pictured here.

Honored Contributor

I'll take it.  I had no idea I loved sunrooms.  It is wasn't something I have experienced.  Where I live now, sunrooms are everywhere.

Honored Contributor

I like sunrooms, but having one wouldn't be at the top of my list. As for this one, meh, so many panes and so little color.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...