Honored Contributor

I'm amazed what I have stored --

Today, I was going to order a "St Patrick's Day" flag and went into my guest closet to get a few decorations out.    when I opened the box - wow...I must have had a "after holiday" clearance run because I had flags, window decals, little leprechans and alot more St. Patrick's then I remember...

Then, I wanted to touch up the Welcome sign on my front porch.  I remembered I had a box of paints - that was a great find saved me a trip to the craft store.

I'm amazed how much "stuff" I have when I really need it!!! (and to think somedays I say I have to much - at least, I can use these things).

Honored Contributor

Re: I'm amazed what I have stored --

Great Find @homedecor1 

I have been into cleaning/clearing out for several years.  I know everything I have in this house and where it is stored.  It would be fun to find forgotten items once in a while.

The last time I had a surprise find was I stuck my hand in a coat pocket and pulled out at $20.00.

Valued Contributor

I am also amazed at what I have stored  !!!   Wish I had all that $$$ back that I used to pay for stuff l didn't need because it was "selling out " 

Esteemed Contributor

I used to love to decorate for different Holidays, but I used to have my Granddaughter here to help. Now that her family has moved out of State, it isn't as fun anymore.

I didn't bother with Valentines day this year and I think I am just going to toss the box of decorations.

I threw out a bag of fabric that was probably 20 yrs old...

Respected Contributor

@Nataliesgramma   I know exactly how you feel...I use to decorate extensively - but that ship has sailed with no kids around anymore.,...and soon to be 'just me' living here so - ehhh- just 'ain't feeling it' anymore.  Instead of tossing out your decorations, donate them to your local 'goodwill store' or give them to someone to have in a yard sale.  Decorations are so expensive now-a-days, it would be a shame to just 'toss them' in the trash.

Honored Contributor

The usual "find" for me is a load of wired Christmas ribbon.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

LOL  Me too.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@ECBG   I inherited my Mother's ribbon stash, kept some, tossed others as they were very old and in poor shape, and much ribbon then was so different from that of today, no wired ribbon, which I love.  She had enormous red bows that she ironed every Christmas and used on boughs/swags of fresh greens on either end of the mantle, I hate ironing, so everything is steamed here.