Honored Contributor

It's just always been there. I took them for granted. 

We have (had) two stores near us. I don't shop there that often, but I know I can dash in if I'm looking for something in particular, or to get a candle set or a gift of some sort. I used to get Easter basket stuffers there a lot too. The freestanding one near us, that wasn't really that old, closed before this all started. Now they will be closing the other one, part of a shopping center that is undergoing a complete renovation with stores and trendy restaurants. 

It's sad. I remember going with my mom when I was a teenager. They always had the most unusual things. I think one of the first things I got with my babysitting money was The White House Cookbook. I still have it!  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

Re: I'm Going to Miss Pier 1

I'm going to miss them too! 

In recent years there has been a Pier 1 in my local shopping center.  I would go in occasionally.  They are great for last minute gift items and I've always loved their seasonal decor....have gotten a lot of throw pillows from them!

I also purchased window panels for the living room & dining rooms from Pier 1 a few years ago and love them!

Right now they like most stores are closed but they plan to open when they can to sell off mechandise. It's really a shame.

Respected Contributor

Me too!  

There is one near my beach house and a lot of my decor at that house is from there- throw pillows, rugs, knick-knacks, candles and candle holders.  We just bought the house in 2018 so many of those purchases are recent.

Super Contributor

Back in the early 80's when I was young and single I outfitted my tiny first apartment with Pier One stuff.  Headboard, baskets, framed posters....so cool.  Haven't  been in Pier One for some time now.  Sad to see it go.

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom . I am going to miss them so much as well. My husband and I loved that store and were very good customers. Our local store had wonderful sales people that were so helpful, friendly and genuinely nice....We recently bought a beautiful Area Rug and just love it, but much of our decor came from Pier One!

It was such a nice store for my Mom and I to go browsing in as well, when she was able, we would go browse around there and Bed, Bath and Beyond and then go to lunch, now both of those stores are gone!

I can remember going there many many years ago when Wicker was super popular, and I remember getting really cute things for my daughter's 1st apartment from there as well.....

Aaaah the memories! Also Christmastime was always so fun, they had the nicest ornaments, some of their stuff was really pricey, but other things not so much!Sometimes it was just fun to browse and get ideas!

I, for one will really miss them! 

Esteemed Contributor

Me too! I always loved to explore every nook and cranny of the store. You never knew what you would find. I have so many things from that store just looking around in my great room now!  

Esteemed Contributor

In both of the towns I have lived in during the past couple of decades there has always been a Pier 1 just a short drive away. The stores were always merchandised beautifully. I often found beautiful, unique items for my home or for gifts that were well priced.

The store near where I live now was also a clearance center with the rear of the store selling clearance items & furniture from other locations. A truck would bring in new items for clearance on Thursdays. The kitchen table in my old house, small kitchen, was a counter height Project Table from Pier 1. I kept an eye on that baby until it went on clearance. I rented a van and bought the assembled floor model home. It was perfect: provided extra prep space and DSs liked the counter height table.

Sorry to see Pier 1 go. While I did not spend as much there as at HomeGoods, it will be missed.

Esteemed Contributor

Pier 1 was my favorite store!  

Respected Contributor

Greatly enjoyed the store, loved the air diffusers and 

silk and dried flowers 💐.

Respected Contributor

I will miss Pier1 for sure. I have so many unique and pretty things from there 😞