Honored Contributor

Re: I'm Going to Miss Pier 1

Huge sales starting today! Some stores are opening, but if not you can still get the sales prices online! I think I am going to stock up on their 3 wick candles while they are 2 for 20, they smell nice, and burn really nice!

Esteemed Contributor

Walk into my home in fall and the holidays and you would think you are in a Pier1 store.  When my grandaughter was about 7 we started going together and she would pick a few things for holidays.  She is now 11 and we will both miss our trips together.  

Honored Contributor

@IMW wrote:

Greatly enjoyed the store, loved the air diffusers and 

silk and dried flowers 💐.

@IMW I rarely go in there, but I did used to buy glass ware there at times for wine, cocktails and things like that.

I hate that I didn't know about the dried flowers!!!  Thanks!

Valued Contributor

very bad news about Pier 1.   I love that store but admit I don't shop there often,  mostly at Christmas.  I'm old now so don't have  much need or use for home decor type things. Nice people work there. They treat customers as though they are valued.  Don't see that much any more.

In the shopping world, losing Pier 1 is a big loss. There is nowhere else I've ever been to that duplicates  what Pier 1 carries.  They sell beautiful vases and faux flowers, and nice throw pillows and chair cushions and beautiful rugs at reasonable prices.  

Gee there really is nowhere else that I know of to get these things, and certainly nowhere that has employees that will help you design a nice.flower arrangement.  This is sad news.

i think what bothers me the most is this ends an era when customers were treated special.

Honored Contributor

I have been shopping at Pier 1 since it first opened.  At that time it was always crowded because it was different and offered unique items.  I especially loved their furniture and holiday decor.  This saddens me because it is another great store leaving.  

Before the pandemic, Pier 1 was having problems but in my area, they were closing some stores and keeping others open.  Quality stores are fading away and  taking away options for many.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Pier 1 was always my go to when I wanted something special for my taste....found lots of good things there over the years and I will miss this wonderful treasure of a store!

I will desperately miss their Ginger/Peach room spray...it has been my all-time favorite for years and years and years....Guess I'll have to see if I can buy up a bunch!  No where else have I ever experienced such a perfectly divine aroma...

Frequent Contributor

I, too, am really going to miss Pier1.  I loved their holiday/seasonal decor. Each spring, summer, fall, Christmas season I would stop in and purchase some things.  Really going to miss them at Christmas, they had such beautiful, unique items, a bit pricey but unique.  Also loved their dried flowers and throw pillows.  They were right down the block from my church and most Sundays I would stop in after Mass.  They also displayed everything so beautifully.

Very sad, Home Goods has its place but Pier1 was a cut above.

Honored Contributor

I'm going to miss them too....so many unqiue, interesting, and pretty things.... 

crying-cat-png.png

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I am going to miss Pier 1.. I am in that store about once a month. I love their throw pillows and have them all through out my home.

I placed an order about 2 weeks ago and it is still processing...hope I get it.

Honored Contributor

I just got an email from them telling me that as a card holder, no more points or rewards will be given. 

It's over. 

I liked to go in and browse around when I was bored or it was bad weather. 

I feel bad for the employees.  It seemed like a happy place to work.  Everyone was always so pleasant.