Frequent Contributor

Alright, I am confused about something (no smart comments to this please).

At midnight, on the 24th, they are going to have another Christmas special.  They usual start with some sort of TSV that goes with the day.  For some reason they have Dyson Cleaning to start that night for Christmas.  What in the world does Dyson Cleaning have to do with Christmas itself?

Honored Contributor

Dyson is the TSV, doesn't have to be a Christmas item.  Clean up pine needles with It?  Get ready for Santa?  You'll notice they have Dyson scheduled all day, every other hour.  They have a female audience so think they can sell them all a Dyson.  No wonder they're losing money.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Maybe the cleanup after all the presents are open, and off a real tree, the pine needles.

Honored Contributor

Re: I'm Confused...

[ Edited ]

I don't think it's just a female audience watching dyson demos.  There are plenty of guys who do vacuuming too.  The dyson brand is a great vacuum.  If you don't already have one, it's time to try one. 

How they present any tsv gets annoying however no matter what they're selling because it's every other hour in a 24hr period.  This happens because they now have so few vendors presenting anything anymore.  It's annoying, boring, tiresome.  It's no wonder the stocks are down and they're losing money.  It's nothing like it used to be here.

Honored Contributor

My husband better never buy me a vacuum for Christmas.  LOL.

Respected Contributor

@scatha_guardian wrote:

Alright, I am confused about something (no smart comments to this please).

At midnight, on the 24th, they are going to have another Christmas special.  They usual start with some sort of TSV that goes with the day.  For some reason they have Dyson Cleaning to start that night for Christmas.  What in the world does Dyson Cleaning have to do with Christmas itself?

Unfortunately, my Dyson doesn't clean up my needles after I have swept most of them with the broom on my carpet.  I always have to go back over the area with my Oreck. 

Honored Contributor

I would guess a lot of people give expensive things for gifts.    My husband once bought me a vacuum cleaner for my birthday.   

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOODDon't you think "used to be" was when there was no Internet business or very little of it and now more and more is moving to the Internet and is not pushed as much by what's on the air?

Even though I've been buying QVC since before 1995 and used to watch a lot - or at least tune in a lot -  now I rarely tune in.  That's partially because I buy almost nothing anywhere except the grocery store and the gas station and partially because I don't care to be tempted to want to buy.

I'm still buying -  for a few months earlier this spring, I had enough EZPays going that I would have been scolded here on the Forums and I'll have them again as soon as those are all paid off.  Even though I CAN pay for what I buy immediately, it makes no sense to me actually to do that.  The money's in the bank -  not earning much, but at least it's there.

Anyway -  my point is that what used to work in retail probably doesn't any longer.  Companies that are not changing are in trouble all over and even new ones and some that have tried massive changes are finding consumer resistance.  I'm glad I'm not a owner (except in some small part of some of my mutual funds.)

Honored Contributor

I got my Dyson as a gift and was thrilled to get it.

Trusted Contributor

I have two Dyson's that I love and since I like to clean I wouldn't mind getting another as a gift!!