Respected Contributor

Re: I love sparkling clean windows!

It's time for mine to be done but we use a service for our two story home.  Just too big of a job for us.  Can't wait for the "shine".

Respected Contributor

I have lots of big windows.  I use this Karcher device.  Love!

BCA419E3-50DF-4047-9D3B-F7776A64A618.jpeg

Honored Contributor

We have a ranch house so we wash the outside windows ourselves. I just use glass cleaner on the inside glass.

Respected Contributor

Clean my own.  I hated taking ladders outside around bushes, etc.  Sills always disgusting since I did not do more than couple times a year. I used Heloise recipe that uses alcohol, drop of soap, and I think vinegar.  

Since getting windows that tilt in I can do more often and its so much easier.  I do try to make it an effort where I attack at least 4 or 5 at a time.  

Another key tool are quality microfiber cloths for glass as well as sills.  

Respected Contributor

@coffee drinker wrote:

I've mentioned Super Cloths, purchase here, and recommend them.  Don't know if they still sell them.  You just clean windows with water, nothing else.  No streaks, no paper towels.  Makes window washing almost pleasurable.   

@coffee drinkerI LOVE Super cloths. I have quite a stash.They are the best thing ever for windows, mirrors and other glass furniture. I even have super cloths for the floors. They are pink.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks @tiny 2 for the pink cloths info.  I also have a stash of the black Super Cloths, but am waiting delivery on some new type of window cleaning cloths.  I think someone mentioned them in this thread.  Bought them from microfiber warehouse dot com.  It's a 2 step process using only water.  Believe you wet the window with 1 cloth and "dry" with another of a different color.  The cloths were reasonable and I was sent a promo code.  Check the site for better info.  If I can remember, I'll post my opinion. 

ETA -- READ POST 13

Honored Contributor

I do too, and my husband just did ours last week. It looks so nice and bright!!!

Respected Contributor

@tiny 2   I did try the new cloths mentioned in post #26 and they did a very good job.  Just tried them on the bathroom mirror that is very big.  It almost looks like it was polished.  Still don't know if I really like cleaning glass using 2 steps like these cloths require or prefer the 1 step Super Cloths.  I have a stash of both so I'll be using both products.  

Super Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

I love clean windows, but rarely have them as my dog likes to spend time leaving nose prints on them!

Nose and paw...the best kinds of prints to leave!!  Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

I hire out. One story house but too many windows and I can't do ladders like I used to because of knee injuries. I did buy one of those "attach to your hose and spray" formulas one year but haven't used it.