Esteemed Contributor

Re: I love sparkling clean windows!

I love clean windows, but rarely have them as my dog likes to spend time leaving nose prints on them!

Honored Contributor

I've been using Invisible Glass for years.  

Honored Contributor

@moonandthestars wrote:

Which cloth or paper towels do you all use for the cleaning?  I used to be able to clean windows well, but suddenly it seems impossible.  Streaks, lint, etc.  I just don't understand it!  What changed?  Would really appreciate your tips.  I was using windex, which has served me well in the past - is it possible that's no longer the same?  Or maybe I need a particular brand of paper towel?  Or? 

@moonandthestars 

I use Invisible Glass spray window cleaner (pump bottle). I buy made-for-glass microfiber cloths from MicrofiberWholesale dot com where everything ships free, no minimum.

This:

Stoner Invisible Glass Pump Spray: Non-aerosol formula cleans automotive  glass to crystal clarity! clean glass, windshield cleaner, window cleaner,

Plus these special cloths (from MicrofiberWholesale dot com) made for glass and they are fantastic. You get a 6-pack for $14 and they ship it free. These cloths have a unique texture so they glide right over glass, streak-free.

Microfiber Glass Cleaning Cloth 6 Pack

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee @Krimpette   Thanks!  I'm going to order.

Valued Contributor

I did all my sunroom windows a couple of days ago. Honestly, I have more windows in that one room that the rest of my house.  Strange, I sat in there late that night and the room seemed bigger!  

Honored Contributor

I love clean windows too, but rarely have them.  This house faces west and my windows take a beating with any weather system.   

Respected Contributor

@moonandthestars wrote:

Which cloth or paper towels do you all use for the cleaning?  I used to be able to clean windows well, but suddenly it seems impossible.  Streaks, lint, etc.  I just don't understand it!  What changed?  Would really appreciate your tips.  I was using windex, which has served me well in the past - is it possible that's no longer the same?  Or maybe I need a particular brand of paper towel?  Or? 

@moonandthestars Water and a good micro fiber cloth such as Don Aslett does the trick....no lint, no streaks.

Respected Contributor

I've mentioned Super Cloths, purchase here, and recommend them.  Don't know if they still sell them.  You just clean windows with water, nothing else.  No streaks, no paper towels.  Makes window washing almost pleasurable.   

Honored Contributor

I DO too!  What a smile!!!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Me too!  I do mine every other week (outside) because can't stand smudges from the tree frogs and others that hang out on the windows...

Spouse says I should hire someone but I kinda enjoy cleaning of all kinds -- it's my weekly "therapy" cheaper than a  shrink...lol