Honored Contributor

Re: I just finished decorating for Fall!

On 8/4/2014 sarpy said:

Susan Louise: Where in Nebraska do you live?

Lincoln

Valued Contributor

We go to Lincoln quite often. Do you go to a store called "Aunt Patty's Attic"? It is very big and they have terrific things there. Look it up on the Internet. She has a website. She is having Fall Open House now. If you go once, you will always go back. We go there about 4 times a year. Love It.

Trusted Contributor

On 8/3/2014 Just Plain Crazy said:

Our HL was getting Xmas things out the other day when we were there.

JPC

I was there today and ours has it out too. It was sort of fun to just look. Didn't pick up Xmas stuff yet but they have TONS of it coming. I did manage to get the crows that SL showed in her Fall decor pics. I really wanted those and got them today at 40% OFF. Yahoo! I also hit Pier 1. There Fall stuff is coming in in dribs and drabs. The item I actually went there for wasn't in yet but that didn't stop me from buying other stuff.... Just means i'll have to go back again. Oh well.

Trusted Contributor

On 8/4/2014 Bobby K said:

Hello Susan and my other Forum friends....

Susan don't let anybody rain on your parade. If you want to decorate for Fall now....then decorate. If people want to keep their fall decor up all year round because that is what they love....then so be it. There is nothing wrong with putting fall decor out now. It makes you happy....gives you joy....good for you. I am living proof....like my dear sweet friend JPC said...."life can change in one split second". Live in the moment....do what you want now...surround yourself with things that make you happy , no matter what the season. Decorate till your hearts content. I've learned we only have today....and I can't believe anybody would chastise someone for putting out decor or anything else that makes them happy. You enjoy your fall decorations and I send my love to all of my forum friends....since I don't post much here. I wanted everybody to know that I think about you often and try and read when I can.

HELLO BOBBY K. We missed you. So glad you stopped by. Hope all is ok and that you are able to visit more often.

MTH

Trusted Contributor

On 8/4/2014 Susan Louise said:
On 8/4/2014 beewee said:

Enjoy your fall decor. I make myself wait till Sept 1st before I do anything. Now that doesn't mean I haven't been shopping for it already. Did just order Valeries chocolate mercury glass owls. But will wait till September to put them out. I was a child of the 70's and grew up with the burnt oranges, browns and golds so I feel like so at home and confronted when I have them around me. Love FALL!!

Hi Beewee, That is just one more reason why I decorate early for Fall. I was able to get everything I needed at HL before it was all picked over and/or gone! The cashier told me (when she saw that I had 4 crows) that she unpacked/shelved 30 of them just a couple of days earlier. I told her that there was only 5 left and she said that she doesn't think they will have another shipment, so I was lucky I went when I did! Most of the decor I got, it was 40%-50% off. Additionally, when I was there, the aisles were filled with folks who had full carts of Fall decor, and a few were already getting their Christmas decor there too...which really isn't all that strange considering I ordered some stuff on the Q during CIJ.

I hope you will post pics with your MG owls Smile

Got those crows today SL at 40% off too. Thanks to you posting the pic of them, I ran right over there and got them.

Honored Contributor

On 8/5/2014 MTH said:
On 8/4/2014 beewee said:

Enjoy your fall decor. I make myself wait till Sept 1st before I do anything. Now that doesn't mean I haven't been shopping for it already. Did just order Valeries chocolate mercury glass owls. But will wait till September to put them out. I was a child of the 70's and grew up with the burnt oranges, browns and golds so I feel like so at home and confronted when I have them around me. Love FALL!!

Hi Beewee, That is just one more reason why I decorate early for Fall. I was able to get everything I needed at HL before it was all picked over and/or gone! The cashier told me (when she saw that I had 4 crows) that she unpacked/shelved 30 of them just a couple of days earlier. I told her that there was only 5 left and she said that she doesn't think they will have another shipment, so I was lucky I went when I did! Most of the decor I got, it was 40%-50% off. Additionally, when I was there, the aisles were filled with folks who had full carts of Fall decor, and a few were already getting their Christmas decor there too...which really isn't all that strange considering I ordered some stuff on the Q during CIJ.

Got those crows today SL at 40% off too. Thanks to you posting the pic of them, I ran right over there and got them.

Hi MTH, Glad I was able to help and you got your crows! As the saying goes...'you snooze, you lose', that's what happened to me last year...all the crows were gone when I went...and it was about the 2nd week of August! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Trusted Contributor

On 8/5/2014 Susan Louise said:
On 8/5/2014 MTH said:
On 8/4/2014 beewee said:

Hi MTH, Glad I was able to help and you got your crows! As the saying goes...'you snooze, you lose', that's what happened to me last year...all the crows were gone when I went...and it was about the 2nd week of August! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

It was so funny...they were going off the shelves as I was over there. All your decor looks so awesome. I was also thinking of ordering the goose gourds you said you got at Terry's Village. I never ordered from them before. Do you usually like their items?

MTH

Valued Contributor

I have ordered many things from Terry's Village and they are very nice. They are in Omaha and I live 4 miles from their headquarters. Everything comes very well packed and nothing ever is broken. Sales are great.

Honored Contributor

On 8/4/2014 Bobby K said:

Hello Susan and my other Forum friends....

Susan don't let anybody rain on your parade. If you want to decorate for Fall now....then decorate. If people want to keep their fall decor up all year round because that is what they love....then so be it. There is nothing wrong with putting fall decor out now. It makes you happy....gives you joy....good for you. I am living proof....like my dear sweet friend JPC said...."life can change in one split second". Live in the moment....do what you want now...surround yourself with things that make you happy , no matter what the season. Decorate till your hearts content. I've learned we only have today....and I can't believe anybody would chastise someone for putting out decor or anything else that makes them happy. You enjoy your fall decorations and I send my love to all of my forum friends....since I don't post much here. I wanted everybody to know that I think about you often and try and read when I can.

DEAR BOBBY--I'm so glad to see your post!!! I've been so worried about you!!!! I thought of you when I saw Jim Shore's figurine from Frozen!! Purrs from Figgy and Puddin

Hugs and take care my friend!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Hi Susan.....

ENJOY LIFE-Decorate when you want to and what you want!!!! I enjoy decorating for fall too and plan to start soon myself even though these last couple weeks its been 100 here in Texas. Sit back and enjoy all your hard work Susan

BTW I start my Christmas decorating in mid November---that way I have a longer time to enjoy it

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”