Honored Contributor

Re: I just finished decorating for Fall!

I want to thank everyone for posting! I just finished reading everyone's posts and it was enjoyable to see everyone's take on decorating for the Fall.

Hi greycatsrule, I'm from Branford Smile

Hi Sarpy, I moved to Nebraska when I got married in 2000...long distance relationship...one of us had to move Smile

Valued Contributor

Susan Louise: Where do you live? Is it anywhere close to Omaha?

Esteemed Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.glare}Just letting the O/P know there are six weeks left of summer. I hate the summer but, will not start my decorating until after summer ends and fall begins September 23rd. Enjoy your decorations.

Honored Contributor

Thanks to you, I had to realize the first red leaves on one of my trees, means it's fall next month. This year is just sailing by! Thanks.

I love fall too. Once winter's over, I love Spring, so it's those two.

Trusted Contributor

Susan, how wonderful. I usually do fall decorating the end of Aug. But nothing is wrong with the beginning and it sure would stop me from buying more items that I probably don't need. I decorate for Christmas the week before Thanksgiving so I can sit back and enjoy the Holidays. It's takes me quite some time and the Christmas Season is shorter than the Fall Season and I want to enjoy it every moment. I currently live on the East Coast but have lived in the West and did the same thing both seasons. I like to decorate for Fall early because I am usually ready to change up my decor. Also even here in Atlanta Georgia you can feel fall in the air in the mornings. It's Wonderful. Would love to see photos.
Valued Contributor

I'm just putting out my summer decorations. There is still two months of summer at least here in Pennsylvania!

Honored Contributor

I don't consider it Fall until late September/early October. We still have plenty of Summer left
Valued Contributor

Fall is also my favorite time of year. We have had some Fall like temps here in Ohio in July and I just loved it. Now that it is August, it is starting to feel like August, I do not like the humidity. Give me those 60's and 70's back. I prefer having my windows open and the fresh air coming in as opposed to air conditioning and furnace. I could take Fall year round and be very happy. I have already been to B&BW and bought some of the Fall scented candles (my favorite) and Fall decorating has been on my mind. I will probably wait until September to decorate but I love seeing all the stuff in the stores. I don't need anymore Fall stuff (well candles, yes, I can never have enough of those, I am a candle freak). I usually decorate for Christmas on Thanksgiving weekend but will have to do it early this year because (before Thanksgiving) because I am having foot surgery the day before Thanksgiving (no Black Friday shopping this year for me unless it is on line). I love all of your decorations Susan Louise. You are welcome to come help me decorate this year. Your home looks beautiful.

Honored Contributor

On 8/4/2014 Matty6 said:

{#emotions_dlg.glare}Just letting the O/P know there are six weeks left of summer. I hate the summer but, will not start my decorating until after summer ends and fall begins September 23rd. Enjoy your decorations.

Hi Matty6, I know this...and still continue to do summer things...sit on the porch or patio, grill, mow the yards, tend to our 4 gardens, take pics of birds and butterflies. Just because I put out Fall decor in our livingroom and kitchen does not mean that summer has ended here.

I don't know what else I can say to folks who just can't comprehend my reasons for early decorating for Fall (and Spring too). My schedule for decorating for those seasons is based up on the Spring and Fall migration of the birds and when they start to migrate.

No, I am not a bird, but when they start to migrate, in my mind, the seasons are changing. I don't wait for the equinox in late September...and neither do the birds. By that time, the peak of the migration has nearly passed.

I applaud everyone decorating on their own schedules all for their own reasons...whether early or late...there is no wrong time.

I think I am in the 'normal zone' (if there is such a thing) of decorating for the holidays though...tree up the day after Thanksgiving and down the day after New Year's Smile

Contributor

If having Fall decorations out now makes you happy then you have done the right thing. Enjoy!