Trusted Contributor

Re: I just finished decorating for Fall!

On 8/14/2014 sarpy said:

I have ordered many things from Terry's Village and they are very nice. They are in Omaha and I live 4 miles from their headquarters. Everything comes very well packed and nothing ever is broken. Sales are great.

Thx Sarpy for the input. I think I will give them a try. There are some really cute things on that site and they seem so reasonable. I think someone mentioned that Terry's often does free shipping at some point in August. Hopefully that's the case.

Trusted Contributor

On 8/14/2014 SPURT said:
On 8/4/2014 Bobby K said:

Hello Susan and my other Forum friends....

Susan don't let anybody rain on your parade. If you want to decorate for Fall now....then decorate. If people want to keep their fall decor up all year round because that is what they love....then so be it. There is nothing wrong with putting fall decor out now. It makes you happy....gives you joy....good for you. I am living proof....like my dear sweet friend JPC said...."life can change in one split second". Live in the moment....do what you want now...surround yourself with things that make you happy , no matter what the season. Decorate till your hearts content. I've learned we only have today....and I can't believe anybody would chastise someone for putting out decor or anything else that makes them happy. You enjoy your fall decorations and I send my love to all of my forum friends....since I don't post much here. I wanted everybody to know that I think about you often and try and read when I can.

DEAR BOBBY--I'm so glad to see your post!!! I've been so worried about you!!!! I thought of you when I saw Jim Shore's figurine from Frozen!! Purrs from Figgy and Puddin

Hugs and take care my friend!!!

Waving Hi BobbyK,

I must have missed your earlier post but wanted to jump in and say hey. Hope things have been going well for you and you have better days than not. Have missed seeing you on the boards. You have been and are in my thoughts.

I have kinda been missing in action the past couple of days. I was picked for jury duty on Tuesday, drats, so have been busy fighting crime. Not a case I would care to work on again, bad pictures to view that are very hard to get out of my mind.

You do take care BobbyK and stop in when you feel like it.

JPC

Valued Contributor

Bobby K! Good to see you. Hope all is going well with you.

JPC~oh of all the luck. And, to have a trial that is grisly to think about? Yuk. I often wonder how law enforcement, and prosecuting attorneys can have a normal life, when they know what people are capable of. My brother in law who passed 10 years ago was a prosecuting attorney for 20 years, and a judge for 2 years. He would sometimes tell us details of certain cases that had closed, and it boggled my mind. Hope it's over soon.

Esteemed Contributor

I am still enjoying Summer. I think I will enjoy Labor Day and early Fall before I decorate anything.

I admit, that today, I bought some items for X-mas (gift bags, stockings, some stocking stuffers). It's too early but the promos were too temping with their low prices.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Trusted Contributor

On 8/3/2014 ID2 said:

Fall does NOT begin in August! In no way, shape or form! That would be the day I'd start decorating my house for Fall in the middle of the Summer! I cherish and love every single day of our precious Summers! There's no way I'm going to rush the seasons. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Oh,I have to say that I AGREE with you with all of my heart! Smiley Happy Every single day...-especially this year when it didn't even start until late!

Honored Contributor

On 8/4/2014 Bobby K said:

Hello Susan and my other Forum friends....

Susan don't let anybody rain on your parade. If you want to decorate for Fall now....then decorate. If people want to keep their fall decor up all year round because that is what they love....then so be it. There is nothing wrong with putting fall decor out now. It makes you happy....gives you joy....good for you. I am living proof....like my dear sweet friend JPC said...."life can change in one split second". Live in the moment....do what you want now...surround yourself with things that make you happy , no matter what the season. Decorate till your hearts content. I've learned we only have today....and I can't believe anybody would chastise someone for putting out decor or anything else that makes them happy. You enjoy your fall decorations and I send my love to all of my forum friends....since I don't post much here. I wanted everybody to know that I think about you often and try and read when I can.

Hi Bobby K, Bless your heart...Thank you! So glad to see you posting again!!! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Hello MTH, Spurt, JPC and Rosehill....

Thank you all for your kind words and your thoughtfulness. I'm going through a lot of medical issues right now...so, I don't visit often. But I really miss all of you. MPH you've always been so kind. I hope you are staying out of trouble with JS pieces ? I think of you and JPC everytime there is a JS show coming on the Q. I hope you are able to stay out of trouble. Spurt, I miss you too. I did pre order the Frozen pieces from JS. Sending hugs to you and scratches to Figgy and Puddin. Thank you for your kind words. JPC you have always been so kind and thoughtful to me. I hope your jury duty is over soon and that you and MTH are staying out of JS trouble. I also hope that today finds you well and happy. Rosehill, thank you so much for your kind words. You four ladies are so kind and thoughtful. I really miss this forum and I miss all of you.

Trusted Contributor

On 8/15/2014 Bobby K said:

Thank you all for your kind words and your thoughtfulness. I'm going through a lot of medical issues right now...so, I don't visit often. But I really miss all of you. MPH you've always been so kind. I hope you are staying out of trouble with JS pieces ? I think of you and JPC everytime there is a JS show coming on the Q. I hope you are able to stay out of trouble. Spurt, I miss you too. I did pre order the Frozen pieces from JS. Sending hugs to you and scratches to Figgy and Puddin. Thank you for your kind words. JPC you have always been so kind and thoughtful to me. I hope your jury duty is over soon and that you and MTH are staying out of JS trouble. I also hope that today finds you well and happy. Rosehill, thank you so much for your kind words. You four ladies are so kind and thoughtful. I really miss this forum and I miss all of you.

Hi Bobby K. I had a feeling that health issues were at the root of your absence. We are all sending you TONS of positive thoughts and good vibes for a speedy resolution. We need someone to be the voice of reason around here and keep us out of trouble. I don't think we have been all that good but we are trying!!{#emotions_dlg.devil2}. Ok...maybe we aren't trying all that hard! I hope we can offer some distraction and some comic relief when you need it. Remember that we are all thinking of you.

Sending positive thoughts your way.

MTH

Honored Contributor

I'm looking forward to seeing your pics. For me, I go according to the school year. Fall decorating will start after Labor Day. We just got back from our summer vacation! We went a little later this year, and I was worried it would be too cool, but it was great - sand, surf, seagulls, sun, and tasty crabs!

Getting ready to send DS back to school. {#emotions_dlg.crying} I'm going to miss him!

But then I'll think about fall decorating - my favorite season to decorate, even more than Christmas. I just ordered Valerie's midnight spheres to put out for Halloween. I have the light green ones out now, with her fisherman floats in the two shades of blue hanging above. It looks pretty. I keep changing the sphere colors on my wrought iron tray. Then I move the others to somewhere in the living room or dining room.

I can't wait to see everyone's fall pics. For two years, I've said I'd post mine. Maybe this will be the year I learn how to do it! Smile

Trusted Contributor

On 8/15/2014 MTH said:
On 8/15/2014 Bobby K said:

Hi Bobby K. I had a feeling that health issues were at the root of your absence. We are all sending you TONS of positive thoughts and good vibes for a speedy resolution. We need someone to be the voice of reason around here and keep us out of trouble. I don't think we have been all that good but we are trying!!{#emotions_dlg.devil2}. Ok...maybe we aren't trying all that hard! I hope we can offer some distraction and some comic relief when you need it. Remember that we are all thinking of you.

Sending positive thoughts your way.

MTH

Hi Bobby K,

I think MTH said it so well for all of us. I 2nd everything she said. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} I too had figured you were having health issues and had thought of you often.

She was also right about staying out of trouble. If it isn't JS, we have found other things to tempt us and send our charge cards smoking.

Hope you have received your Frozen pieces from preorder by now. It always raises my spirits and puts a smile on my face when I receive my JS pieces. Do let us know what you think of them.

You do take care Bobby K and be sure to stop in once in awhile even if its just say hi.

JPC