Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: I just finished decorating for Fall!

It doesn't sound kooky to me; it sounds like fall is your favortie season. Our homes should be a reflection of our personalities. But I love summer and since our summers are so short, I enjoy all things summer for as long as I can. I go into Fall mode around the middle of September.

Contributor

Enjoy your fall decor. I make myself wait till Sept 1st before I do anything. Now that doesn't mean I haven't been shopping for it already. Did just order Valeries chocolate mercury glass owls. But will wait till September to put them out. I was a child of the 70's and grew up with the burnt oranges, browns and golds so I feel like so at home and confronted when I have them around me. Love FALL!!

Trusted Contributor

You don't have to explain it me. I get it and I am right there with you in your way of thinking. It may not be everyone's cup of tea. Of course we will enjoy the rest if the summer and Indian summer but we can still enjoy our decorating. You enjoy those fall decorations and so will I. Wish I was near your home sounds like a warm welcoming home that I would love to visit.
Super Contributor

Aug. is summer, I don't want to rush the summer. I start decorating after Sep. 21st. If itmake you happy, so be it.

Honored Contributor

On 8/4/2014 beewee said:

Enjoy your fall decor. I make myself wait till Sept 1st before I do anything. Now that doesn't mean I haven't been shopping for it already. Did just order Valeries chocolate mercury glass owls. But will wait till September to put them out. I was a child of the 70's and grew up with the burnt oranges, browns and golds so I feel like so at home and confronted when I have them around me. Love FALL!!

Hi Beewee, That is just one more reason why I decorate early for Fall. I was able to get everything I needed at HL before it was all picked over and/or gone! The cashier told me (when she saw that I had 4 crows) that she unpacked/shelved 30 of them just a couple of days earlier. I told her that there was only 5 left and she said that she doesn't think they will have another shipment, so I was lucky I went when I did! Most of the decor I got, it was 40%-50% off. Additionally, when I was there, the aisles were filled with folks who had full carts of Fall decor, and a few were already getting their Christmas decor there too...which really isn't all that strange considering I ordered some stuff on the Q during CIJ.

I hope you will post pics with your MG owls Smile

Valued Contributor

I love decorating for fall most of all!........I am loving the Sunflowers I am seeing everywhere !
Honored Contributor

On 8/4/2014 Moon Dance said: You don't have to explain it me. I get it and I am right there with you in your way of thinking. It may not be everyone's cup of tea. Of course we will enjoy the rest if the summer and Indian summer but we can still enjoy our decorating. You enjoy those fall decorations and so will I. Wish I was near your home sounds like a warm welcoming home that I would love to visit.

Hi Moon Dance, Bless your heart! It's comforting to know there are some who understand. That would be nice if we were neighbors Smile

Super Contributor

Hello Susan and my other Forum friends....

Susan don't let anybody rain on your parade. If you want to decorate for Fall now....then decorate. If people want to keep their fall decor up all year round because that is what they love....then so be it. There is nothing wrong with putting fall decor out now. It makes you happy....gives you joy....good for you. I am living proof....like my dear sweet friend JPC said...."life can change in one split second". Live in the moment....do what you want now...surround yourself with things that make you happy , no matter what the season. Decorate till your hearts content. I've learned we only have today....and I can't believe anybody would chastise someone for putting out decor or anything else that makes them happy. You enjoy your fall decorations and I send my love to all of my forum friends....since I don't post much here. I wanted everybody to know that I think about you often and try and read when I can.

Super Contributor

I've been itching to start decorating for fall myself. I love the colors of that season. Glad I'm not the only one who likes to decorate early. Enjoy!!!
Valued Contributor

Susan Louise: Where in Nebraska do you live?