Regular Contributor

Re: I have questions about La-Z Boy Furniture galleries

The sectional in our Den is a La-Z-Boy...approximately 5 years old...It is made very well and holding up great...I don't recall how long it took to arrive, but it wasn't anywhere near 16 weeks...more like 6-8...and well worth the wait to get exactly what you want.

We purchased it at a local furniture store that also carries La-Z-Boy and we were able to get it at a lower price, so I would recommend that you shop around for some good deals.

Enjoy your new townhome and have a great time decorating!

Super Contributor

My chair and ottoman were delivered today. They match my sleeper sofa I bought last year. The fabric was custom for all pieces and I did have to wait 6 to 8 weeks. Actually 5 weeks for the chair & ottoman. I always wait for sales then go to the store when they have that extra 25% off. I have never paid for the scotchgard treatment, extra fill or for the custom fabric even though it was one of their most expensive. The sales people do have some room to play with the numbers.
Respected Contributor

I think the answer is 'it depends'. I bought a recliner about 2 years ago. It was available in 2 fabric colors with delivery within a week, other fabric choices were longer deliveries. I had my recliner in less than a week because I chose one of the available fabric choices.

So, don't rule them out. See if you find something you like, at the right price, and then you can find out the delivery schedule for the specific items/fabrics/colors.

Super Contributor

The sales people do have some room to play with the numbers.

This is true. When I bought my chair, because I was going to drive across town to pick it up, my salesman took off an extra 10%. The chair was already on sale.

Honored Contributor

I had a bad experience with my local store. I ordered a sofa, chair, ottoman. When they were delivered, two pieces were damaged. The drivers knew it when they left the warehouse. Lazy boy thought I'd take it and they would send a repair person to fix it. I refused delivery. I couldn't get any update on when my replacement would come. I went to the store and told them to cancel my order. Apparently the color was special order, so I couldn't cancel. Long story short, the furniture came and I'm happy with the quality. Ask lots of questions before placing an order and ask to go through the contract you sign.
Trusted Contributor

I agree that it just depends on the items you select and if any are readily available. For their more popular items (certain couches and chairs) they often have additional inventory in their local warehouses. If you decide on wanting custom fabrics then there will be a wait time tho I have found it to be more like 5 to 6 weeks, not 16.

If you have multiple Lazy-boy stores in your area, it's worth checking each one for product availability and also who who is more willing to make better deals. Some are not as flexible as others.

I did have the fabric protection added and felt it was well worth the added $ - the SA can also really discount that so be sure to negotiate.

Valued Contributor

I like Lazyboy---the service is excellent. if they make an error, it is corrected for you without problems. We like to choose exactly what we want: fabric, style, color. it does take time to take delivery, but we've always been happy
Trusted Contributor

Visit several Lazy Boy stores, if you have multiple locations in your area. What may be a special order in one store, may be stock in another. It's totally crazy and frustrating.

We were picking out new recliners, a few months ago, for our hearth room. We went to the first store and saw a chair we liked but they didn't have the color in stock, so it was special order and MORE MONEY. However, we didn't like the salesperson at that store, so we went to a different showroom.

That showroom had our chairs, in a different color, in stock for the standard price. All other colors, including the color from the first showroom, were special order and MORE MONEY.

We ended up visiting a third store and getting exactly what we wanted, in the fabric we wanted, at the price we wanted. And we had it delivered by the end of that week.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"