Trusted Contributor

@Mominohio 

You'll love the end results, knowing you did it.  After it's completed, you'll turn back to look ... with a big smile on your face.

Honored Contributor

I like doing trim and cutting in.  Rarely ever do I tape first either.  Hate taping.  I don't like rolling it on as much though.  

Valued Contributor

@depglass wrote:

It took me decades to realize I don't hate painting, I hate the preparation and the cleanup.  If I could hire someone for that part, I would do the middle part.

@depglass I agree!!  I also realized I don't have to use giant size paintbrushes and rollers that weigh a ton when loaded with paint.  I now love painting and make DH do all the prep and clean up!! oh, and the high parts he does too Smiley Very Happy  win/win!!

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio 

we have good taste!  Those are my cabinets, granite & paint colors (middle) selected when I remodeled my kitchen ...only thing I chose a light wood floor.

Its worth it when you will enjoy your new kitchen!

Trusted Contributor

Yup!  I hate painting too.  Hubby wants to repaint our bedroom.  He actually loves to paint.  But, if he paints, I have to pack up everything.

If I pack up everything, I might as well move, lol.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Honored Contributor

@onlyshopsonline wrote:

Yup!  I hate painting too.  Hubby wants to repaint our bedroom.  He actually loves to paint.  But, if he paints, I have to pack up everything.

If I pack up everything, I might as well move, lol.

@onlyshopsonline 

LOL!

But if you move, you'll most likely need to/want to paint anyway!

I think I've come to the realization that there is no way of getting out of the hassle of painting, whether we do it, or someone else does! 

The results are nice though!

Respected Contributor

I really admire people who are good at painting.  Probably because I am not; I am slow and usually end up making a mess.

I worked for a big health care system.  We had our own engineering department which consisted of plumbers, electricians, painters, etc.  It fascinated me to watch the painters do our offices.  They would come in, move some furniture, lay drop cloths, paint the trim and walls with no taping and be out the door.  It seemed it took them more time to move the furniture then to do the painting.  

Honored Contributor

@Allegheny wrote:

I really admire people who are good at painting.  Probably because I am not; I am slow and usually end up making a mess.

I worked for a big health care system.  We had our own engineering department which consisted of plumbers, electricians, painters, etc.  It fascinated me to watch the painters do our offices.  They would come in, move some furniture, lay drop cloths, paint the trim and walls with no taping and be out the door.  It seemed it took them more time to move the furniture then to do the painting.  

@Allegheny 

Yeah, what's up with those folks?!

They are some kind of freaks of nature (in a good way!) aren't they? 

They make it look so easy and quick and painless. 

For them maybe! LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I don't mind painting but peeling wallpaper (old) off the wall drives me insane! We have an big, older home and slowly we are redoing all the rooms. The spare room is going to be a closet room once I get all the layers of paper off those walls. I keep repeating to myself ---"it will be so nice when it's done".LOL 

Honored Contributor

I don't mind painting but I don't love it either.  I'm in the "non-tape" club.  I cut in free hand, and I do it pretty well.  I've just never been great on a ladder, so someone else has to do the high parts.

Better yet, someone else can do the whole thing (which is the way we roll these days.)