Respected Contributor

Re: I hate it when you need to break in a new bed pillow!

I don't shop on line so that makes it even more difficult. I like a pretty much flat pillow. Seems like all pillows  just have too much stuff crammed in them.

Respected Contributor

That’s a new idea I would not have thought of @insomniac2 but will certainly check it out (there’s three new stores in my area and one that sells fresh produce).

As long as they’re sealed up and haven’t been handled I’ll give them a try.

Honored Contributor

I was given a pillow for free to try as part of a program where I write reviews for the products I try. That pillow is one the best I've ever slept on...from the very first night. When it goes flat then I'll buy another one just like it...I really love it.Heart

Honored Contributor

I use a water pillow by Mediflow, which is wonderful.  It's fiberfill or down on the top side next to your head and water on the bottom side.  I started using this a year ago, and there was no breaking in.  I absolutely love it.  I ordered it from the Mediflow website.  Mine is the down filling on top.  It was well worth the $100 pricetag.

I had to find something for my neck.  I tried numerous other pillows and never could find a comfortable one for my neck until I tried this.  The only downside is that it's heavy.  You do have to follow the instructions to find the right amount of water.  I use 9 1/2 cups in mine.  It tells you how much to use for soft, medium or firm.  I started with medium and then took out 1/2 cup a night until I found the right amount for me.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau