Honored Contributor

What is this word..."Iron"? Ha. I bought a steamer 3yrs ago & never looked back. Unless you're a seamstress or tailor, don't see the need.

Super Contributor

I hate ironing too. It's very de-press-ing.

(in competition with brewhaha )

Valued Contributor
On 7/3/2014 aprilskies said: I stick the ironing board in front of the tv. It doesnt go faster but at least I have a distraction. I hate to iron but love ironed clothes.
You must be my twin!!
Respected Contributor

Well, I just struggled thru 3 blouses and that's all I could stand. (I had 4 to do.) I don't understand the Rowenta obsession. I have a Rowenta which I bought about 15 years ago. I never liked it because it just never seemed to get hot enough. Last year, I replaced the Rowenta with a Sunbeam, which I LOVE. But I still don't like to iron. It's summer, so this is real problem as I don't wear my tops 2X in the summer .. one wear and it goes in the laundry, which leaves me with a ton of ironing. {#emotions_dlg.mad}

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor
On 7/5/2014 mousiegirl said:
On 7/5/2014 CindyinNC said:

I would love to purchase a steamer but I have no clue which is the right one for me (have done the reviews and online searches). I loathe ironing but it's the only time I turn on the TV and it makes it go a bit faster.

I bought my Jiffy steamer at Amazon, and I also have Joy Mangano's little steamer.

Ahhh Ha! That's useful information. I'll check 'em out. Thanks!

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Super Contributor

I hate ironing and never iron, I don't buy anything that has to be ironed.

Trusted Contributor

I used to use a Rowenta, which was great. I switched to an Oliso Auto-lift iron and it is, simply, f-a-b-u-l-o-u-s!!!! Expensive, but well worth it.

Honored Contributor
I put all my ironing in a basket. If after one year, I haven't needed it enough to actually iron it, I give it away. I give a lot away and almost never iron.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor
I have a Rowena that I got from the Q...it is a good iron. But when I have wrinkled clothes , I use my steamer. it works great and is super fast. I can just lay the clothes across a recliner and steam while I watch TV...and get a facial at the same time.