Respected Contributor

I got two for my dining room table.  While I didn't expect an exact match, really???

IMG_4784.JPG

I'm home sick.  Finally caught the nasty cold that's been going around my office for months.  To top it off I hurt my lower back.  Had a chiropractor appointment this morning.  Took the dogs out to go potty before I left and my sweet little Ruger decided to roll in the grass.  Not a big deal except it was poop he was rolling in!   So I had to postpone my appt. and give him a quick bath with an aching back before I left.  Ugh.

So I come home all anxious to open my Waterford hurricanes, my birthday gift to myself.   I opened up the marble on the left, loved it.  Opened up the one on the right, hoping it'd be close, and started laughing.  I'm so worn out that I really felt like crying.  But thankfully laughter came out instead.   

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I got my Waterford TSVs!

That discrepancy is huge.  It does show the perfect example of the major differences we all get in products from Q and lack of quality control.

The one on the right looks like it has a big crack and looks like a defect.

Respected Contributor

I'm sorry you're sick and your back is hurting you. Naughty Ruger, I thought only horses liked to roll in muck.

The difference between those two bases is amazing. I didn't watch any of the recorded presentation (I'm online only, no TV), but in all the images I saw for this pretty piece, the base was dark green marble, just like the one on the left. I'm afraid I don't care for the one on the right, and although the crystal is what you really look at, these two wouldn't look right on the same table, IMO. QVC should make it better, and that includes a return shipping fee and reship on them. You can tell them noodleann said so. 

Feel better.

Honored Contributor

@crazycockermomWow!  Not a good difference.  I, too, like the dark one on the left -  wouldn't even want a match for the other.

I did not watch any of the presentations, so I have no idea what the promises were or what was shown, but even so, I would be as unhappy as you are.

Sorry your back has to add to your buying woes -- or your buying woes are adding pain to your back.  May your days get better.

Honored Contributor

I would not have been happy one bit. Of course they aren't going to be perfectly matching but these will never be acceptable to place together. 

Hope you feel better. 

Honored Contributor

That's not good, I'd have been unhappy too.  As I recall, Stephen made a point during his presentation to say each piece would be unique - because of natural variations in the marble.  But I don't believe he mentioned dramatic differences like yours.  If you'd bought just one, you wouldn't have noticed the variation.  Hoever, given such variation, I'd have thought shipping would try to send you two that matched fairly closely.  I guess I prefer the darker one.

Honored Contributor

@hopi wrote:

That discrepancy is huge.  It does show the perfect example of the major differences we all get in products from Q and lack of quality control.

If I were keeping both for myself, I wouldn't be happy with the huge difference in the color, however, that's not a quality control issue  - it's the nature of the marble and the "crack" is a vein.

In all fairness, you can't expect the person packaging them for shipping to go through each piece to make sure they are similar in color and shading if they are shipping more than one piece.

Trusted Contributor

Honestly I think that's a disgrace !!!

Respected Contributor

Thanks everyone. They are sending another. I am keeping my fingers crossed it will be close to the darker one. If not, I don't know what I'll do.

I'm tempted to just cancel the one they are shipping and send the two I have back because otherwise I might end up with three mismatched pieces. The woes of buying online.

I'm so disappointed. It really is a pretty piece and they would look good on my dining room table.

Honestly, if the marble pieces varied so much in color, they should have offered you a choice of color like they did for last year's hurricane. Last year they gave you three choices.
Valued Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@hopi wrote:

If I were keeping both for myself, I wouldn't be happy with the huge difference in the color, however, that's not a quality control issue  - it's the nature of the marble and the "crack" is a vein.

In all fairness, you can't expect the person packaging them for shipping to go through each piece to make sure they are similar in color and shading if they are shipping more than one piece.

I would add that if Waterford were to attempt to match the marble for these bases, that would result in a tremendous amount of waste of marble slabs.  They would have to buy more marble than necessary and lose a lot of money which = higher prices to QVC's customers.  I didn't buy this TSV, but I do prefer the dark green base and might have returned the lighter color base.