Honored Contributor

Re: I got my Waterford TSVs!

Okay, I agree with some that the warehouse staff can't be expected to go through the individual packages to make sure that the bases were a close match.  And, even if multiple items are being sent to the same address, there's no way to know that they are meant for the same table (or home).  They could be for gifts to other households.

Having said that, I would definitely not be happy with the two the OP received.  And I do think that there should have been some limit to the degree of color variation in a TSV.  They knew people might be ordering more than one for their own homes (even suggested it).

In this case, I think QVC should offer free return shipping on the lighter one and refund the original shipping.  This difference in color is way past acceptable.

@crazycockermom - Let them send you the replacement and then ask them point blank for a complete refund for the one you return.  Once the new one arrives, if it's acceptable and you don't get anywhere with CS regarding the refund of the lighter one, perhaps the mods on here can help?  You shouldn't have to lose money on something that is so different.

Respected Contributor

@Venezia
Thanks for your input. I did a live chat with a rep who issued a replacement and I said I'd like a full refund including shipping when I send the lighter one back. She implied that normally they don't do that because of color but would in my case. We'll see.

I really think they should've done what they did for last year's H203988. If you watch the video (I'm not expecting you to waste your time doing so) they offered three color choices. When it's obvious the marble can vary so much, they should do that.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@crazycockermom - When you send it back, mark it defective.  You can add a comment that the base is not as shown on the presentations or online, because I watched all the shows (recorded them even) and I never saw them show one that light.  It's not even a pretty color.

The person who processes it will probably just do the full refund but, if not, pursue it!  Good luck and let us know how you get on.

(And hope you feel better soon!)

Regular Contributor

Wow...I LOVE the lighter one. The marble that came with mine is in the middle of those two that you got. I like it so much.

Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom oh no bad stuff x3!  You can cry....its okay!  I hope you get better soon....relax today and take care of yourself.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Trusted Contributor

@Yes  I agree they sould have given an option of color. Please@crazycockermom let us know if it works out.  Fingers crossed for you !!!!   

Honored Contributor

From now on, whenever Q's selling anything with Connemara marble, we'll be wondering about its shade variation.

Respected Contributor

@crazycockermom

I too ordered 2 and received ones that are like yours.  They did mention that they all are different.  I ordered small lights the last time they were on and ordered 5 or 6.....can't remember.........and they were all different. 

They come from Ireland very well wrapped and made just to fit in the box that they are in so I can't see the people at QVC going through them all and then re-wrapping.  I kept one for myself andd gave the other one to our daughter.  I hope that you have good luck with the 3rd one and feel better soon.

Respected Contributor

Sorry @crazycockermom, but I have to say that I think they are both ugly. 

Do you really want to keep one and hope the next one matches better?

I would return both and get a refund.  What do you think now?

Respected Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@crazycockermom - When you send it back, mark it defective.  You can add a comment that the base is not as shown on the presentations or online, because I watched all the shows (recorded them even) and I never saw them show one that light.  It's not even a pretty color.

The person who processes it will probably just do the full refund but, if not, pursue it!  Good luck and let us know how you get on.

(And hope you feel better soon!)

Thank you!!   I will do as you suggested. Smiley Happy