Esteemed Contributor

Re: I forgot the difference in W/D

It is my understanding that the HE Washers have sensors that determine how large the load is and then fills with the necessary amount of water for that particular load...It also depends on what setting you use for a particular load...I have noticed this with different size loads of laundry that I have done...Our clothes and other items seem to come out fine.

Now, after reading this thread, I'm thinking of heading to a laundromat to see if I notice a difference.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Abrowneyegirl  Thank you for the assessment and heads up; it is greatly appreciated!

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio  I feel the same way.

We were in Costco recently and I walked over just to look at the appliances.

They have a GE that's over $700 and my husband almost died when he saw the price, he asked me if that was what they cost now.  Well, I really don't know but since it had everything I want and does what I want it to do, yes that's what it's going to cost when we need a new one.

Respected Contributor

My GE HE washer has an agitator & also if I want more water have a deep fill bufton I use for large loads. I have a huge tub that I can wash a king size comforter without any problems.  Some do not have agitators which I think I would not buy.

Honored Contributor

@sissel you got the best of both worlds. I'm guessing it came with a big price tag.

Respected Contributor

Around $600 but my friends got the HE without the agitator and were unhappy so I knew not to go that way. 

Respected Contributor

@sissel. Thanks fur the info. I think that is a reasonable price for those features.
Do you like how it cleans your clothes?

Respected Contributor

It's GE not a brand I had before but I do like it had a problem using liquid fabric softner & when wash was done had some blue softner on the clothes so I use the pods with softner added also used liquid bleach for whites and seemed some bleach was leftover when I did another non bleach load learned to just buy oxyi clean for whites no problem now. I had to adjust in the beginning but no problem now. 

Frequent Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl I recently gladly got rid of my HE Front Load Washer and Dryer.  The set came with the house.  With them being 13 years old, we recently had put a lot of money into keeping them running.  After it was determined the washer's bearings were going, we purchased a HE top load washer with an agitator and a HE front load dryer.  I LOVE THEM!!!  I have also switched to Nellie's Laundry Detergent.  Our clothes have never been cleaner and our whites are actually coming out white.  I don't think I will ever go back to the front load units again.

Respected Contributor

@qshpr89   Thank you for this review and comparison.  I will keep this in mind for when we are in need of a new machine.

PS - I LOVE Nellie's wash soap!!!