Trusted Contributor

Re: I find this rather disgusting

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

@151949 I remember being in an old apartment in Manhattan many years ago in which the shower was in the kitchen!  I think plumbing is an issue in lots of old homes and building, and it was just unavoidable.  I've seen you mention that you spend your summers living in an RV.  I'm sure more people would find the prospect of using a toilet in the close quarters of an RV or going through the process of emptying the sewage tanks in it on a regular basis to be much more unappealing than using a bathroom near a kitchen in a home.  It surprises me that this would be such a big deal for you.  

In my Rv there is easily 10 ft from the back wall of the kitchen to the BR door - then in the BR the toilet is in a watercloset. As for dumping the holding tanks - first we use RV holding tank chemical - eliminate odors & disolves solids and all you do is pull a handle and everything in that tank goes thru a pipe into the sewage system.Then there is a place to open a sprayer which rinses the tank clean and you turn it off and close the handle.Not unappealing at all. Why do people make comments about things they have no idea about?

Maybe you can answer that question for us, since you're in the habit of doing it yourself.

@mistriTsquirrel  Exactly.  We're supposed to believe you pull a magic lever and the septic system gets magically cleaned?  I think she left out the part where first you have to attach giant feces filled hoses to your home that go to the sewer before you pull the magic lever.  There are plenty of videos on YouTube that demonstrate the process.  Just make sure you watch several hours after eating.  Meanwhile, having a powder room off your kitchen is disgusting, right?  

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is unkind.

Respected Contributor

@TenderMercies wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

@151949 I remember being in an old apartment in Manhattan many years ago in which the shower was in the kitchen!  I think plumbing is an issue in lots of old homes and building, and it was just unavoidable.  I've seen you mention that you spend your summers living in an RV.  I'm sure more people would find the prospect of using a toilet in the close quarters of an RV or going through the process of emptying the sewage tanks in it on a regular basis to be much more unappealing than using a bathroom near a kitchen in a home.  It surprises me that this would be such a big deal for you.  

In my Rv there is easily 10 ft from the back wall of the kitchen to the BR door - then in the BR the toilet is in a watercloset. As for dumping the holding tanks - first we use RV holding tank chemical - eliminate odors & disolves solids and all you do is pull a handle and everything in that tank goes thru a pipe into the sewage system.Then there is a place to open a sprayer which rinses the tank clean and you turn it off and close the handle.Not unappealing at all. Why do people make comments about things they have no idea about?

Maybe you can answer that question for us, since you're in the habit of doing it yourself.

@mistriTsquirrel  Exactly.  We're supposed to believe you pull a magic lever and the septic system gets magically cleaned?  I think she left out the part where first you have to attach giant feces filled hoses to your home that go to the sewer before you pull the magic lever.  There are plenty of videos on YouTube that demonstrate the process.  Just make sure you watch several hours after eating.  Meanwhile, having a powder room off your kitchen is disgusting, right?  

I believe the OP's husband does the sewage dumping part.  I don't blame her.  My dad always did it growing up, but when I lived in the 5th wheel during college, I had to do it.  At first, I kept disposable kitchen gloves, the ones that go far up your arms, to handle the hose and make the connection.  I would then bleach the gloves and dry them.  They were stored in a Ziploc bag until I needed them again.  There are chemicals that they make, which are really enzymes, that help breaks the waste down and helps with the odor.  I grew up on a farm, so this didn't bother me, as I also did this act in a set of work clothes and canvas shoes that went into the washer when I was done.  Since it was just me living there, I would eventually keep the hose attached and just have to pull the trap switch that lets it all flow out.  I did that with the same type gloves and bleaching process but now didn't have to wash my clothes and shoes since all I had to do was pull the trap.  You want to talk about gross, try cleaning chicken and hog houses.  The hogs were the worst.  You could just go within a hundred yards of one and walk away smelling like you bathed in them.

I think we all have our own nitpick issues that we can't imagine someone else not having.  It is all relative and personal.  This is one area where the OP and I do agree.

Honored Contributor

I'm still laughing at @Lesa picture.  They even have a toilet mat on the floor.

ROTFLMFBO!

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

Newsflash!  YOu can get doors on bathrooms!