Super Contributor

Re: I finally found an ""arch"" lantern

On 6/19/2014 mallemo said:
On 6/19/2014 whitelinen said:

I like this one mallemo! Especially with the glitter candle.

I have been looking for a red lantern(s) for Christmas. Want to use them with white candles and some evergreen-ery.

I remembered your hunt for Val's red lantern! I keep hoping she will bring something similar to us . . .

I keep hoping so too whitelinen, but for now, this one will work.

Mallemo you might try painting it with chalk pain. Annie Sloan has a pretty red; the paint may stick to the bronze finish:

Honored Contributor

I'm drawn to lanterns. Love finding that impossible to find item. Go for the red. It shouldn't be too hard to paint.

Valued Contributor

On 6/19/2014 Marsha2003 said:

That's a pretty one, Mallemo, and looks so good with your candle.

Thank you!

Valued Contributor

I have been looking for a red lantern(s) for Christmas. Want to use them with white candles and some evergreen-ery.

I remembered your hunt for Val's red lantern! I keep hoping she will bring something similar to us . . .

Mallemo you might try painting it with chalk pain. Annie Sloan has a pretty red; the paint may stick to the bronze finish:

I might try that if they had another one that I could practice on. They only had the one. I guess I don't really need another red lantern as I have 3. That's a pretty color red.

Valued Contributor

Double post

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

On 6/19/2014 graycatsrule said:

I'm drawn to lanterns. Love finding that impossible to find item. Go for the red. It shouldn't be too hard to paint.

If I find another one I might try it. I was actually in the market for a bronze color lantern so it worked out well.

Trusted Contributor

If I find another one I might try it. I was actually in the market for a bronze color lantern so it worked out well.

Hi mallemo,

Looks like you were one of the lucky ones to find that neat lantern. I was in HL today and not a one on the shelf. And I know if there was one, it would have gone home with me today.

Have a great weekend

JPC

Esteemed Contributor

On 6/19/2014 SHOPR said:

Oh, that is perfect for your glitter candles! That is a great find, mallemo. Did HL happen to have a larger version? How tall is this one without the handle? I tried to find the specs online but can't seem to find it.

No, this is the only size they had. It's 19-1/2" without the handle and 22" with.

Thanks for the measurements. I'm sure if I was lucky enough to find one at HL, I couldn't resist it, even though I'm really looking for one slightly larger for the front porch.

Valued Contributor

On 6/20/2014 Just Plain Crazy said:

Hi mallemo,

Looks like you were one of the lucky ones to find that neat lantern. I was in HL today and not a one on the shelf. And I know if there was one, it would have gone home with me today.

Have a great weekend

JPC

Hi JPC. I'm sorry they did not have the lantern at your store. I think their stores always have different items. I know when we were all looking for that Spring wreath/garland that VPH was presenting, HL had it in some areas but not in mine.

Valued Contributor

On 6/21/2014 SHOPR said:
On 6/19/2014 SHOPR said:

Oh, that is perfect for your glitter candles! That is a great find, mallemo. Did HL happen to have a larger version? How tall is this one without the handle? I tried to find the specs online but can't seem to find it.

No, this is the only size they had. It's 19-1/2" without the handle and 22" with.

Thanks for the measurements. I'm sure if I was lucky enough to find one at HL, I couldn't resist it, even though I'm really looking for one slightly larger for the front porch.

You are welcome. Our store was totally torn apart and I'm not sure what they were doing. I could not find anything because they moved pretty much the entire store around.