Honored Contributor

I can't figure this out🤷‍♀️--Luminara Candles Flickering ...

[ Edited ]

Ok this is kinda crazy!  I bought the new set of Luminara candles from Q & I only put batteries in them and never turned them on! 

Every once in awhile over  the past few days they come on and flicker a few seconds & then go off🤔🤔🤔

I read the enclosed pamphlet no info on what could be causing this.  It's really weird & I have them in off position.

Any ideas what could be causing them to do this??  The batteries are new.  It's baffling me🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️.  Thank you!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: I can't figure this out🤷‍♀️--Luminara Candles Flickering ...

Can you give us an item number? May help to figure it out, as so many of the newer candles from both Luminara and Candle Impressions are coming with many new and different features and remotes than before. 

@homedecor1 

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio 

Item #:  H217610

Pic shows position of "off" so I assume they are🤷‍♀️

Spouse thinks my "tv" remote is activating them.  They only come on a few seconds 🤔.  It's baffling me!!! 

Thanks for your help!  homedecor1

8354E83B-ED24-4100-AF51-49C472E55E27.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1   Is it possible your switch is stuck between On / Off?  Have you tried moving it over to 'on' then back to 'off'' ?

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Esteemed Contributor

The “spirits” in your house are playing games with you!!! 😂🤣

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Mominohio 

Item #:  H217610

Pic shows position of "off" so I assume they are🤷‍♀️

Spouse thinks my "tv" remote is activating them.  They only come on a few seconds 🤔.  It's baffling me!!! 

Thanks for your help!  homedecor1

8354E83B-ED24-4100-AF51-49C472E55E27.jpeg

@homedecor1 

You know, hubby might not be too far from right. I had a tv remote that was messing with a flameless candle one time. Not always but it did happen. 

And the pic does look like the 'off' position is quite totally in place, so maybe the switch is messed up. Did these come in sets, and is it just one doing this or all of them?

Valued Contributor

Batteries are still draining if they are in something that is turned off. It’s called self-discharge. Since most Luminaras flash when their batteries are low, it could be that the candle is just having a reaction to low batteries even though it is turned offf.

Esteemed Contributor

very interesting!  I wonder what the heck it is.

I have a indoor/outdoor "chandelier" from HSN. It has a 3 battery box, but it works with only 1 battery.  I like it!!

Honored Contributor

@MaryLamb 

You maybe onto something!  The batteries are new but possibly they are "going" since that "flicker moment" did resemble what my other luminara's do when batteries are low👍🏻.

@Mominohio 

well, do I have to let him know he might be "right" on something😉🤔.

Yes they were 2 in set w/microlights in packaging.  Only 1 was doing the flickering🤷‍♀️

No flickering tonight -- maybe the batteries "died"