Trusted Contributor

Re: I bought a cute bowl this morning!

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@cancun08

Awwwwww, bummer!

However, they have them on the Target website. It's free shipping on $ 25.00 or more. Or, you can do site-to-store for free & just go pick them up in a few days when they are in.

@ChiliPepper

Thanks for the help!  I just went on their website & it says that they have 5 left at my store.  A Target employee & I looked for them yesterday to no avail.  I placed my order, to be picked up in the store, so it's just wait & see time!  Lol

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio wrote:

@cancun08 wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

Would kill for these, but they were a limited edition to Walmart, and I never saw them anywhere around here.

a058f591b4cbf5ad790575463ee39a9b.jpg (236×289)

@Mominohio

I just found them at my Walmart....I bought the only white one that was left, but they had a bunch of those blue ones.  No little birdie ones at all, so I was kinda disappointed.    

@cancun08

AAAAhhhhhhhh! I'm so jealous!!! 

You do give me hope though. These came out months and months ago, so  maybe there are still some in Walmart's system in some places (I think some locations never got any of these). I might stumble across one yet.!

@cancun08

@Mominohio

So funny because my WM had a bunch of the white ones & only 1 blue one last night LOL!

This is the first time I have seen them at any of "my" WM stores so maybe they are sending out more to the stores. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you mominohio!

Honored Contributor

@cancun08 wrote:

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@cancun08

Awwwwww, bummer!

However, they have them on the Target website. It's free shipping on $ 25.00 or more. Or, you can do site-to-store for free & just go pick them up in a few days when they are in.

@ChiliPepper

Thanks for the help!  I just went on their website & it says that they have 5 left at my store.  A Target employee & I looked for them yesterday to no avail.  I placed my order, to be picked up in the store, so it's just wait & see time!  Lol

@cancun08

Did you look in the Easter section? That's where I find them, in the "holiday" section - NOT the usual bakeware section. 

Trusted Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@cancun08 wrote:

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@cancun08

Awwwwww, bummer!

@ChiliPepper

@cancun08

Did you look in the Easter section? That's where I find them, in the "holiday" section - NOT the usual bakeware section. 

@ChiliPepper

I remembered that you had said that, so we looked all over that store!!  I should apply for a job there, I now know every aisle!  I'm not a big Target shopper, but every time I do go there, I never have much luck.  My dil, on the other hand, has the best luck ever.  

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cancun08

I hear ya! I was trying to buy one on-line at one of the nearby stores last night. There was only 1 left & it sold out while I was placing my order.

Not fast enough I guess LOL!

Honored Contributor

I got my two birdie bowls from Pyrex today.  Coupla things ...

1)  Wow, talk about packing!  Somebody upthread mentioned how well Pyrex packs and you're not just whistling Dixie!    I'm a major packer when I ship and they did me proud.

2)   These are pretty heavy!  I just expected some little, very thin and light, throwaway glass.  Nope!  I don't imagine they are Borosilicate, as I already know they switched to soda lime glass some time back.  But I am impressed at how heavy they are.

3)   Oh, and CUTE!  Smiley Happy   Thanks again for telling us about them.  

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh

I picked up my birdie bowl from the store today (site-to-store). OMG, its even cuter in person!!!

Thanks for the heads up, I would have missed it otherwise!

Honored Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@gidgetgh

I picked up my birdie bowl from the store today (site-to-store). OMG, its even cuter in person!!!

@ChiliPepper- I'm so glad you were able to get it and that you like it!  I think it's really cute.  Now that I know that Pyrex makes cute little seasonal bowls, I'm going to be on the look out.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@cancun08 wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

Would kill for these, but they were a limited edition to Walmart, and I never saw them anywhere around here.

a058f591b4cbf5ad790575463ee39a9b.jpg (236×289)

@Mominohio

I just found them at my Walmart....I bought the only white one that was left, but they had a bunch of those blue ones.  No little birdie ones at all, so I was kinda disappointed.    

@cancun08

I owe you a great big THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These came out many months ago, and I never saw them after repeated trips to my local WM. I had given up. When you mentioned finding these, I thought I'd stop by some other stores in other towns when I was there. 

This weekend I found two of each! I'm so stinkin' happy! 

I really wanted to add these to my 'collection'. They contain designs from vintage Pyrex pieces that I collect. I'd love to see them replicate many more of their vintage patterns on these. 

I have probably 30 of these, and I use them non stop. I've been preparing foods for my mom while she has recovery time from cataract surgery, and I've taken dozens up to her house with meals in them so all she has to do is heat and eat!

Thanks again for prompting me to keep checking. It really paid off!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh wrote:

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@gidgetgh

@ChiliPepper- I'm so glad you were able to get it and that you like it!  I think it's really cute.  Now that I know that Pyrex makes cute little seasonal bowls, I'm going to be on the look out.

@gidgetgh

I usually check around Halloween & Fall for the bowls but for some reason I never gave a thought to Spring/Easter (duh Chili!!!). Good thing you were alert & then posted about them!

We'll all have to keep our eyes open & remind each other if we see them coming out.

I'm hoping for Patriotic next!