Valued Contributor

Re: I am upset with Northern Nights

@Mominohio wrote:

I will never take a chance on NN sheets again.

Years and years ago, they had the most beautiful and long lasting sheets, but about 8 years ago, I purchased several different sets, and they all failed miserably within a year or so. 

Gone are the days of their elegant printed sheets, and embossed rich patterns. Gone are the days of their sheets lasting for years and years. 

Quality in linens has gone south in all brands and at all retailers. It is so frustrating to try to find quality these days, but I learned my lesson with NN. No more for me (unless they ever go back to sourcing them from Portugal).

Right there with you!! The quality of all linens, including towels, has gone down considerably .  The top name brands you could count on in the past ...is no more...

I absolutely HATE! to pay the prices they want for linens and have them fall apart, split, elastic disintegrate, etc, all within a year or twos time (almost like the material is sun-rotten right from the start).  And I've tried several brands I used to faithfully buy...not any more... now all imported...now I would rather buy used ones at a yard/estate sale, then I know they've been around for a while and are still holding up....

Honored Contributor

We have had NN for years and I think they are great. The one complaint I have is that w/the king sheets the pillow cases are the large ones. We do not like big pillows and when we have bought them I hem them to fit the smaller pillows.

Esteemed Contributor

@Quse wrote:

The tsv doesn't tell what kind of sheet they are either (ie: Supima, percale) unless I missed it somewhere on the site. They have a whole diatribe about the types of sheets beneath the description, but don't bother telling you what the tsv actually are. 

@Quse, It's crazy! I saw at least 10 minutes of several presentations as I was waiting for decor shows to come on that day, and I never once heard a single mention of the weave.  They also did not want to elaborate much on how the reversible thing is really only one-ply.  At some point I read all the Q&As hoping an expert would reveal the info there, but no, so I lost all interest.  It was like the color changing program they kept playing with was a flash pad.  LOL.  

Respected Contributor

I was just about to start a thread on NN sheets.  I purchased two sets of H211949 to match a new bedspread size quilt I purchased for our new bed.  When the arrived yesterday and I opened the boxes, there was an awful chemical smell.  I thought maybe it was the plastic packaging.  I decided to send them back without taking them our of the plastic to wash and dry.  After reading the reviews I decided it wasn't worth the effort.  I was so disappointed because I love the colors but the smell, and complaints about awful wrinkling issues turned me off.  This is the first time I have purchased anything from this line and it will likely be my last. 

Regular Contributor

Bought some years ago...they came out of the dryer stiff as a board (yes, I did use a softener sheet).  Returned them immediately.

Honored Contributor

I bought sheets from QVC and they did not last long at all.  Sheets that I purchased before the Q sheets are still going strong.  I was in bed and was stretching my legs and felt something by my foot -- a big hole.  Now I am hesitant to purchase any more sheets from the Q.  Plus, the only people that make out with buying sheets from QVC are King size.  Why should I pay the same price as a King when I have a full size bed?    Cat Mad

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I have had some NN I've liked in the past but when I ordered what I thought was the same sheets they were different, not as great.  

One day I was in Target and liked the feel of their Threshold sheets and they were on sale.  Got them home and I love them - and an added bonus - I have one full and one queen size bed and I always hated struggling with what was the top and what was the side of the sheet.  Got em home, washed them and when it was time to put on the bed noticed that they have all 4 sides of the fitted sheet marked with Top or Bottom and Side.  Win win!

Esteemed Contributor

I have many sets of wrinkle resistant Northern Nights - and they're great. A couple of years ago, I ordered their pillow cases - it was on sale - and they're rough like sandpaper.

Honored Contributor

I agree about the 700 TC wrinkle defense, they are my favorite NN sheets and I find myself moving them up in the line when I change my sheets.  ;o)

I currently have 7 sets of NN sheets that I've purchased as far back as the early 90s and as recently as 5 years ago.  My first 2 original sets from the 90s I finally retired a few years ago, they were the thin tone on tone stripe and they were starting to separate where the stripes met.

I still have one set of the tuxedo stripe, but I noticed this week that it is starting to separate as well.

They rarely have white, so I only buy the TSV when it's in white.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN