Valued Contributor

@corismom1  I am very very sorry for your loss.  Such a difficult thing to live through.

Regular Contributor

Thank you, yes it is !!!

Respected Contributor

He'll miss them when they're gone.

Honored Contributor

Re: I am stopping wreaths

[ Edited ]

Mine complains about having to bring down from attic all my seasonal decor...oh well! You're wise to pick your battles - my spouse & I are always on "opposite pages" as they say!

I cant take down my wreaths if I wanted to - I have a pet frog who has made my wreath his home -- no matter what season, he's there (or maybe one of his siblings!).  There all day gone at dusk! I won't open the front door I'm always afraid he's going to jump on me or come in the house😲

IMG_7466.JPG

Honored Contributor

It's ironic - I never had a wreath on my door until I met my husband and we bought the house I am living in.  When he said, can we get a wreath for the door I looked at him like he sprouted martian antennas.

Image result for my favorite martian

I said, well okay, let's go shopping for a wreath.  The man has been deceased a decade and I still gotta have a wreath on the door.

Rofl

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I also admire your willingness to compromise regarding them....  I used to put them on the front door at our old house but there was already a nail in the door.  At this house there wasn't and I didn't want to mar the door. Also the door is on the West and the afternoon heat and wind would decimate it....

But I have smallish one hanging from the front of my old primitive American china cabinet and one hanging from one of the pegs of my Amish Hat rack.  Love the look inside the house. 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

You know when I think about it, the wreath probably doesn't get on my nerves because I don't come in the front door.  I come in through the attached garage.  I also really don't pay attention to the wreath.  I don't have an extensive collection - a heart, spring, summer, fall and Christmas.  My most favorite wreath is the smaller harvest wreath that I hang above the fireplace I don't use.  Probably because I can actually see that one to enjoy it.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I don't understand the storage space issue.  I keep the boxes they come in, and store them in those, in the garage, when not in use.  They're flat boxes that stack on top of each other.   Very easy and neat.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I am stopping wreaths

[ Edited ]

homedecor1 wrote:

Mine complains about having to bring down from attic all my seasonal decor...oh well! You're wise to pick your battles - my spouse & I are always on "opposite pages" as they say!

I cant take down my wreaths if I wanted to - I have a pet frog who has made my wreath his home -- no matter what season, he's there (or maybe one of his siblings!).  There all day gone at dusk! I won't open the front door I'm always afraid he's going to jump on me or come in the house😲

IMG_7466.JPG

@homedecor1...Oh my gosh, this is just too adorable!...I never heard of a frog nesting in a wreath!....How sweet of you not to take it down!....I mean, you could easily swipe it at dusk when the frog is gone...lol...but you haven't and that shows what a wonderful heart you have!...I just love this! Heart

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

I gave up on them too except for a spring tulip wreath.