Honored Contributor

Why would he ask you to remove something that brings you joy ?? 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I have a huge wreath for Christmas time. Like a large candycane in a circle. Not for outdoors, so I hang it inside on the door, so we enjoy it the whole season. I love wreaths, but this is the only one and man, to store it, uggghhh.  

Honored Contributor

What exactly is his issue with them?

I would bet if someone asked my husband what is on our front door, he would have no clue.  LOL

The only time he ever had a problem was when I put a wreath on the front door and within 5 minutes of me hanging it up, birds started to build a nest.  He wanted me to take it down because once the birds built the full nest and laid eggs, we wouldn't be able to use our front door anymore.   

Esteemed Contributor

@traveler Was he specific about what he didn't like about them?

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

I now live in a cottage on a lake. I used to have a seasonal wreath on all my front doors of my past houses. Now I just have huge windows/doorwalls on the front of my cottage and don't miss putting a wreath anywhere anymore. Too traditional for my taste now. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I love wreaths on the door! I put 3 different ones up during the year. One for Christmas, one for Winter, and one for Spring/Summer......I also have a Pumpkin one for Fall, but sometimes don't use that one, its awfully large.....I enjoy putting them up for the various seasons, and it adds a little something to the front door, I think!  

Trusted Contributor

@QVCkitty1  I wondered the same thing.  No explanation as to why he requested this.  So, I am windering.  Is it mice?  Or is it birds? 

Valued Contributor

Hmmm, I'm the one who got tired of storing wreaths. My west-facing front door with storm door and no overhang gets very hot, so it's no to wreaths there. I have hung them on the top fireplace, but because the fireplace is two stories tall of brick, wreaths look too small. I gave up. So now, I buy a simple green live wreath for the front door for Christmas, spray it with water if I have to, and then out it goes to the trash. Solved the problem of storage.

My girlfriend from Scotland is still amazed at wreath usage over here. Wreaths are mainly used for funerals back at her home.

Respected Contributor
After 37 years of marriage I know to pick your battles. He says wreaths make it hard to carry in or to look through the peephole, not to mention storage space. Fine. I still have the indoors to decorate. Bwah ha ha.
Regular Contributor

A visiting college rommate and very dear friend told me that wreaths remind her of funerals. I looked around and had several. I decided she was right and removeed them except on the front door for Fall and Christmas. She did not ask me to remove them but I Valued her  opinion. Then she went and commited suicide and I never replaced my wreaths.