Honored Contributor

Re: I am so tempted to purchase a spin mop.... talk me out of it.

I was tempted to get the one from HSN yesterday too. I have a steam mop I need to get out and use again so I didn't order. I did ""fall for"" a different type of microfiber cloths they were selling though. Plus a Benefit cosmetic item.

Frequent Contributor

I just bought this 2 weeks ago. I think it's great.
Super Contributor

On 10/19/2014 kachina624 said: I've always used a sponge mop until I got the steam mop but decided I'd try this thing. It was the hardest work I've ever done in the house. I was exhausted by the time I finished the kitchen, which is not large. I took this mop, stuck it in a distant corner of the garage and haven't touched it since. Don't plan to ever use it again. Get yourself a steamer or floor scrubber machine (Floormate).

Don`t know how you were using it but I have a large kitchen and can double wash if needed and rinse in 15 minutes. Have a steamer in the basement and it hurts my shoulder pushing it around. Never have had a problem with the handle, needs very little pressure moping and spin works easily. No need to fill it up to make it overly heavy just need to be able to cover the mop when submerged.

Buy it, you won be sorry.

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/19/2014 gazelle77 said:
On 10/19/2014 CoffeeNut said:

Wal-mart sells the spin mop now for 39.88. Saw it yesterday on the main isle next to the grocery section. Buy it there and if you don't like it you can return it. They have some reviews also on their website.

Thanks!

Bed Bath & Beyond has it for $39.99, and with a 20% off coupon it's only $32.00.

I would definitely suggest buying it somewhere locally. As others have said, no shipping charges, no wait, and much easier to return if you don't like it.

I ordered one from HSN a couple of years ago. I called 5 minutes after it was first presented at midnight, spoke to a CS rep, and was told my order went thru. Three weeks later I still hadn't received it, and finally got an automated phone call saying it had sold out and was on back-order. I was so irritated that I cancelled my order. Then I started reading online about the handle being flimsy and breaking easily, so I thought I had dodged a bullet.

I do admit to being tempted though every now & then when I see them in stores, which happens often. So I may give in one of these days. But not today!

Kiss

Respected Contributor

I liked mine as far as cleaning goes but the step pedal that spins the water out kept breaking. It would last a while. Also I would have to lift the bucket full of water from the sink and empty it and it is kind of heavy.

QVC Customer Care