Respected Contributor

Re: I am letting go of old perfumes!

When I was a Product Developer, I worked on a fragrance along with the bottle for it. I can't imagine that any fragrance wouldn't break down after a couple years, as most mixtures do and pharmaceuticals do.

Super Contributor

@AnikaBrodie , Just curious which Burberry frangrance is it that you love.  They have so many and then all the flankers as do all the designers and perfume houses.  I'm guessing the original from '90 something since you didn't say.

I had a Burberry Britt Sheer mini once that I received in a scent trade. I thought I would love it because I like the light fruity florals, but I could hardly discern any scent to it at all.  Guess it was too sheer maybe. 

The former and current and still "MrsSweetieBear".
Frequent Contributor

HSN had the "Dolly" parfume a couple weeks ago as their 'Today's Special'.  I thought it would really smell great so I ordered 2 bottles, (one for me and one for my Mom) and a jar of her body cream.  It smelled so bad!  I thought it smelled rancid!  I returned them.  They were $59 per bottle. 

Esteemed Contributor

I kept passing this Thread because just seeing the word perfume made me nauseous. I decided to read it because it was written by Sooner and it should be funny.

Sometimes I wish I could wear perfume but the only scent I can wear is Secret powder fresh antiperspirant. Use body wash but have to make sure I wash it all off. Oh well, that´s life.

Esteemed Contributor

@OceansideJunebug wrote:

i will come and get them and wear them if you are near clearwater fl! Smiley Happy lol

I've been wearing cologne every day for the last 50 years. I change off most days - as I have several favorites.Today I received a bottle of Men's Drakkar Cologne, which I ordered from Walmart. Someone once gave me a tiny bottle and I loved it. I needed something a little stronger than the ones I usually wear. I have several colognes from L'Occitane dot com.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ROMARY 

Jean Nate is the only fragrance my mother wore so I think of her when I smell it. My sister has it and dilutes it with water to use as a room spray so I think it's still available.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, @Sooner  for your inspiration!

Yesterday when I was revamping my walk-in closet, I found a large tote bag full of fragrances. You are so right!! Out they go! I'll never miss them!

Respected Contributor

I use fragrance, even just a bit every day, and I swear I can’t use any up.  Maybe because I have several bottles open and rotate.  Since I still love most of them, I don’t feel pressured to discard it.

I never heard about it working for deer, so my dad will be getting some for his deer problem.  I did dilute some a few months ago, and use it as a room spray.  Not sure how old any of mine are, but they still smell great.  I know a few are several years old.  I’m on a no buy for fragrance for sure.  Have not bought any in a year plus.  

I never understood on how some of these auto deliveries, they are every three months.  No way I could use a 4oz bottle that quickly.  A few years ago, I had auto delivery on a few philosophy sets, and gifted some of the fragrance pieces. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sage04 wrote:

I kept passing this Thread because just seeing the word perfume made me nauseous. I decided to read it because it was written by Sooner and it should be funny.

Sometimes I wish I could wear perfume but the only scent I can wear is Secret powder fresh antiperspirant. Use body wash but have to make sure I wash it all off. Oh well, that´s life.

@Sage04 Well, sorry to disappoint on funny here, although:  I only have one funny (?) story about scents.  We had a 3 hr. drive to a meeting once for work.  I drove.  We got there and decided to fill up so we wouldn't have to after the meeting.

When the tank was full the pump didn't go off and some gas splashed out on my skirt.  It was in the late 80's and I had on a dress out of sort of thin material, so I went in the restroom and washed the skirt in the sink and dried it under the hand dryer as best as I could, but it still smelled some--gas is oily.

SO, I sat in the back of the big meeting room, and my boss sat with me and we ate cookies and made silly remarks and had a good time.  I said "Can't you still smell gas a little?" 

He grinned and said "A little. But it smells like money!"

We had a good time and luckily he had driven his own car and the rest of them had to ride back with me. . . and made me drive again. Woman Embarassed

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Sooner    At one point I was not buying any fragrance; however, that has changed  but all my perfumes are not that old 2 to 4 years.  Good for you for finally letting go.

kindness is strength