Honored Contributor

Re: I am home---finally!!!!!

You've been through the wringer. Glad you are home.

Esteemed Contributor

Ah, Home Sweet Home! Enjoy your new digs @wagirl .

I would deduct (or ask for a refund) of the $600 cleaning fee from the contractor. Then I would use that money to hire a cleaning service to at least get some of the more difficult cleaning jobs done.

Honored Contributor

@wagirl 

This has been one long journey for you. I really cannot imagine. 

I want to share with you a big thank you for keeping this up front and center, and sharing this with us every step along the way. I really needed to hear what you were going through.

As you may  or may not know, I have posted about us taking down over 40 trees on our property over the last 4 plus years. We did a big finish of the pines last summer (not this one just passed, but the one before that). The clean up and getting back to normal from that work seemed to take forever. We knew we had several more to come out, but we have just been bleeding money by the tens of thousands of dollars this year, and between that, and not wanting to loose my maples, even though they are just about 'gone' anyway, I put off getting a quote this summer, and making it a priority. 

Several recent heavy winds, branches have come down and hit the side of the house, and appears that I just lost a shutter, but your posts have played in the back of my mind nonstop since you started posting. One branch left pieces on my brand new roof as well, and I just had to focus on this.

So as not to meet the same misfortune you did, I had the tree folks back out this week, got the quote to get four more trees removed, and have it scheduled for December 23rd. 

It so isn't money we should be spending right now, but I do not want to tempt fate. It's only a matter of time, these trees are so big and breaking down regularly now. 

So thanks for sharing your experience, it has got me moving on something I should not have put off so long. 

After these trees come down, we will be down to just one maple left close enough to the house to be even capable of hitting the house. It appears to be healthy enough to hang onto for now. It will be a relief to not have to worry about these monster trees during big storms, praying they don't hit the house. It is sad all the trees that have had to be removed, but they were well past their lifespan. I'll miss them terribly for the shade and privacy and beauty, but the peace of mind means so much more at this time.

Honored Contributor

Congrats!  I would surely contact the Better Business Bureau and check to see if they're on Angie's List.

Honored Contributor

@wagirl   Welcome Home.  Live in good health.   Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Mominohio --- what an undertaking you are going thru with your trees. We have so many more huge trees on our 2 1/2 acre as that are too close to the house. Any one of them can hit us. I can't imagine what it would cost to take out a few trees let alone as many as we have. And then there is a salmon creek running thru the property so nothing can be done without the proper permits and approvals.

i guess I needed  to rant and rave about all this and appreciate the kind words from you and the others. Kind of a cleansing of the bad juju---

Honored Contributor

thanks for your kind words!  

One more day cleaning the rental and then I can concentrate on getting my house in order. No , will prob not try to get the contractor to do much more--- it's been a battle from the get go and I am tired of the whole thing. Glad to be back.

Esteemed Contributor

@wagirl , great news!  No place like home.  LM

Honored Contributor

update-----have ONE more trip to make to the rental house---leaving the house keys , taking the recycling/garbage bins off the street and loading up a few things I left there to donate---then I am ---OUTTA there------

Worked my tookus off cleaning yesterday while the carpets were being cleaned--my whole body is stiff and sore----not to mention my foggy brain with all this moving stuff--think I need some mental floss Man Very Happyor maybe a nice tall, adult beverage or 8----Man Wink and a whole different type of fog!!!!

Valued Contributor

Congratfultions! there is no place like being at home.