Honored Contributor

So the saga of the tree destroying my house, last Dec,  is finally at an end---moved back into my partially new house--the upstairs is new--this past weekend and am now cleaning up the rental to be out of there completely by this Friday!!!!!

Oh happy days!!!!!  the move went great and with most things still left in boxes, there wasn't much to pack, except the kitchen.  but my house--oh lordy---is a mess with all the stuff that we just put anywhere for now. Haven't had a chance to really enjoy the new part yet. this contractor didn't clean the house before we moved in as was in the contract and there is dust in every cabinet and on my racks of things that should have been wapped up before the sheetrock/taping, painting began. Wonder where that $600 ended up---not on my house, I don't think!!!!

Oh well--it is done------

Honored Contributor

Re: I am home---finally!!!!!

@wagirl.  Congratulations...now to get settled in.  Hope there are no other big trees near the house.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Welcome home.

Honored Contributor

Congratulations!

But save yourself the $600.  Do it yourself.  They use filthy vacuums with filthy filters and filthy rags from every other job they've worked on.  So the dust may be gone (visually) and it *looks* cleaned, but it's not! 

I wouldn't care if it was a garage job, but not inside my home's kitchen and bathroom cabinets and bedroom closets.  No thank you!

Enjoy your *new* home.

Honored Contributor

@wagirl 

YAY! There's no place like home!

Sorry the contractor left it a mess though, especially since you paid for it to be clean.

Have you asked about a refund or allowance for the $600 you paid him for a job he didn't do per the contract?

I bet he wouldn't argue, since it was in the contract, but not done.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

Congratulations on returning to your home! I can only imagine what a toll it has taken on you, and the sense of relief you must be experiencing! I would contact the contractor and have him honor that stipulation of cleaning the house BEFORE your return. You have enough to worry about. It sounds like you have a lot of unpacking to do, rearranging things etc. There truly is no place like home.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

Glad you're home for the holidays!

Honored Contributor

Just in time for the holidays!  You must be thrilled.

Esteemed Contributor

@wagirl 

Home is like a slice of heaven, isn't it?

Especially with what you have been through.

When I come downstairs in the morning, and smell my brewed coffee, pour the first cup and have a sip, I thank my lucky stars for being so fortunate.

Dorthy was right, "There's no place like Home."

Honored Contributor

So happy for you. It must feel wonderful.