Frequent Contributor

Re: I am done with B&BW candles!!

I stopped burning candles as I feel they make the house dirty. Love the Scentsy wax burners. They have beautiful ones and only uses a 25watt light bulb to melt the wax. Their wax smells delicious and the scent lasts a long time. Using the winter scent now and my house smells like I I have a real Christmas tree when my tree is a fake.
Valued Contributor

Yep. They s$$k!!!

Respected Contributor

On 12/4/2014 Trix said:
On 12/4/2014 ANewHue said: I was a huge fan of the Slatkin candles that were sold at BBW and when they went away so did I as a customer. I have several winter candles of his still tucked away that I will be lighting soon. The white barn brand cannot compare.

I completely agree with you ANewHue, and I too have not purchased a single thing from BBW (in any department) since they discontinued using Harry's formulas for home scent items. The Slatkin items were the reason I went into BBW stores and shopped their website. The oils and candles sold at BBW bearing Harry Slatkin's brand were wonderful. This White Barn brand does not measure up.

And I totally agree with you. I was buying Slatkin so got accustomed to buying candles there. I've tried BBW and they smoke so bad!
Honored Contributor

It's a hit or miss with these and Yankee for me.

Honored Contributor

On 12/5/2014 Grade1Teach said:

I have greatly minimized my BBW candle purchases as well. I find that they are bringing out too many scents (some of the same, but re-labeled) and they quickly discontinue them as well.

I have a few favorites that I continue to purchase though - Frosted Cranberry, Twisted Peppermint, and Limoncello. That's about it.

I have too, but I'm still a little tempted by some. I just got the Holly Jolly one tonight. My two favorite brands right now are Kringle, run by the son of the founder of Yankee, and 1803 primitive candles - I just really like the way these smell, and they are the only ones that can scent the whole house! Smile

Trusted Contributor

Ughhh dont tell me that.. lol... i have 6 bath & body works candles i ordered on line for xmas... keeping 3 and giving 3 to my mom.... i heard they were good candles, i guess i'll find out .............. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Super Contributor

UGH

So I thought I would give them another try and get some when on sale.

They went on sale yesterday and I assumed it would last through the weekend, I was going to go to the mall today....nope, sale is over.

I guess they must sell well at full price.

Super Contributor

I like the way those 1803 candles look!

Trusted Contributor

i went shopping online when there 3 wick candles were 9.00 great deal!!! cant wait to burn them and i bought a pretty snowflake silver holder for it..... also only like 4.00 then went on there site the next day & the candles were i believe back up to like 20 some dollars... so glad i got them when i did

Honored Contributor

On 12/6/2014 BaileyandBella said:

I like the way those 1803 candles look!

They're great! I just finished burning Pumpkin Cornbread, now onto Pine Needles and Berries and Mistletoe Kisses! Smile