Frequent Contributor

I almost bought the garlands and then I saw the $10 shipping charge...

Love, love, love the new pomegranate garlands...  Had two in my cart and was already envisioning where they would go.  Then I noticed the double shipping charge.  No way am I paying $10 to have two 48" garlands mailed to me.   I don't know whether to say "shame on you, QVC" or to thank you for saving me some cash.  Smiley Frustrated

Honored Contributor

Re: I almost bought the garlands and then I saw the $10 shipping charge...

Are you referring to H203385?  They are 6' each.  $10 to ship two doesn't seem bad though, given what UPS or USPS would charge.  But you can probably find the same thing in a B&M craft store.  Consider it a blessing.

Honored Contributor

For something I really loved and would use for years, I'd probabl;y have s*cked up that $10 and figured if I used those garlands for 10 years, I paid an extra dollar/year!  I know from my own experiences that sometimes that's the right thing to do.

In the early 1970's, my ex and I bought two lithographs in San Francisco, had them framed there and shipped back to us in NY.  As I remember, the shipping was atrocious - over $500 once we paid for spacial packing and insurance!  But I've had those lithographs on my wall for 45 years years and they're still among my favorite possessions - proof that all seemingly ridiculous expenditures aren't wrong (just most!)  There's more to this story, but that's for another day!

Hope you can find something else you love and don't keep thinking you "lost" those.

Honored Contributor

@MotivatedMomma  You know that we no longer get a discount on multiple items.  If the shipping is $5 for one then it will be $10 for two.  Sometimes it stops me from buying too.

Frequent Contributor

For a true art piece, which I'm sure your lithographs were, I wouldn't bat an eyelash..  or if I thought it was something truly unique and something I couldn't get elsewhere..  but I know I can find something similar to this online on a website that offers shipping/handling deals over the holidays (they almost all do!) or at a nicer department store.