Honored Contributor

Re: I Thought This Was a Joke!

I don't understand collecting anything these days..Collections just turn into stuff that needs storage space...then they eventually turn into stuff that your kids have to get rid of.Little trinkets that make me happy for the moment have been replaced with experiences that give me a lifetime of memories.

Honored Contributor

According to the precious moments website,

“You're The One I've Been Waiting For” Bisque Porcelain Sculpture on Wooden Base, Masterpiece Collection 4th Edition

I

Due to the size and weight of this exclusive figurine, additional fees are required for shipping and insurance.

• Limited to only 1,000 pieces worldwide, the 4thedition in the Masterpiece Collection depicts a thoughtful girl dressed as Disney’s Belle with her trusted household friends; includes a wooden display base
  • Simply spellbinding, the generous proportions and intricate detail make this a show-stopping sculpture sure to become the crowning jewel of any collection
  • Give this impressive Disney Masterpiece Collection sculpture as an unforgettable birthday gift, holiday gift or for romantic holidays to someone who cherishes Belle's story or to anyone with a love for Disney princesses 
  • Meticulously sculpted of fine bisque porcelain and expertly hand-painted, display base is wood
  • Approximately 12.5H x 14W x 11D inches
  • *This item is not eligible for discount promotions and offers.
Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

I don't understand collecting anything these days..Collections just turn into stuff that needs storage space...then they eventually turn into stuff that your kids have to get rid of.Little trinkets that make me happy for the moment have been replaced with experiences that give me a lifetime of memories.

@dex

And where were you with this wisdom when I amassed the "RARE" Beanie Babies collection and Dale Earnhardt ,Sr. diecast cars that are stored in my attic, GF!

LOL!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom LOl...where do you think ...I was busy amassing my own treasure chest..ok well maybe if we are being honest,there were two or three chests.My DH always jokes after a garage sale that we sold 20 grand worth of stuff and turned it into one hundred dollars.

Honored Contributor

Funny that the QVC price is $799.99.  Like someone wouldn't buy it if the price was $800.00.

Esteemed Contributor

It is absolutely darling but PM's have become worthless.

Esteemed Contributor

Wow, I have Mrs Potts and Chip in my curio cabinet free with my sons Mickey D's happy meal. He loved it and has special memories and why I still have it

IMG_1456.JPG

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@KingstonsMom LOl...where do you think ...I was busy amassing my own treasure chest..ok well maybe if we are being honest,there were two or three chests.My DH always jokes after a garage sale that we sold 20 grand worth of stuff and turned it into one hundred dollars.

LOL! LOL!

Your DH sounds like mine!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@qvcfreak that is a really cute set and worth saving for your son as he enjoyed receiving it and probably has memories that are as special to him as they are to you.That is not a collection in the same way though.I think of that as a beautiful and sentimental memory.

Honored Contributor

Precious Moments used to be a hot collectible.  No longer, don't buy for "investment."