Honored Contributor

Re: I Thought This Was a Joke!

I wouldn't buy this at any price but it may make someone else $800 worth of happy.

I do have small collections of 3 precious moments - one camping - one boating and one nursing. They pretty much represent my life. The nursing one was a gift from the family of a patient and the other 2 were gifts from my DH. They are all precious to me and I'd never sell or get rid of them. I also have some Fenton figures that I inherited from my Mom, and my Grandmother's Hummels .They are precious to me because they belonged to and were precious to two women I loved.

Honored Contributor

Trusted Contributor

Mercy, I sure hope that's a typo!  

Honored Contributor

eddc5bd04bb958321eb9be5ab67ec9a4796dea60eb211add5c9ba8295de45a44.jpg

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

I thought it was going to play music or something, but no- it's just a figurine.Cat Indifferent

@lolakimono

For that price the stars in the movie should give the buyer an in-house performance!!!  

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Exorbitant Disney licensing trying to capitalize on the newly released movie.  Limited Edition?  Numbered on the bottom?Insane. 

I'd pay money to see one of the hosts try to sell that.

You don't have to pay money. Here's the likely script for the presentation.

"Up next, and oh my, I can't believe we were fortunate enough to get enough of these to sell, is the rarest of rare, brand new, highly collectible and sought after Precious Moments collectible! This is just amazing! Only a thousand of these will ever be made and sold! Think about that for a minute. Where else can you be one of only a thousand people in the world to own something? If you collect Precious Moments, or Disney collectibles or even the Disney princesses, this is a must have for your collection!

"We were lucky enough to be able to get our hands on just a few of the thousand that are being made and we were lucky enough to be able to get a special, one time only price on these. When they're gone, they're gone! Each one of these precious, nearly priceless collectibles, is the result of hundreds of hours of patient hand work with details that are incredible! It's like you're in the movie when you look at this!"

"Oh, and we've got a caller on the line! Is this Myrtle from Mrytle Beach?"

"Why yes, it is. I saw this and I just had to get one. I've been a collector for decades now and this is just too precious to pass up."

"I know! It's true! I've sold lots of collecitbles through the years and there's nothing we've sold that matches the quality and beauty of this item. Did you just buy one?"

"Yes, I was tempted to get a second one to set aside, but it's a lot of money."

"I know, but my husband golfs and just bought himself a new driver that costs more than this and that driver will never go up in value while this may very well double or triple in value in short order. Only a thousand of these will ever be made! With all of the Precious Moments collectors, Disney collectors and more out there, how can these not go up in value? This is truly an investment piece!"

"You know what? You're right! Could you put me back on with the customer service rep so I can add another one?"

"I sure will! There you go! Now the smart money, like that of Myrtle's is on buying multiples of these priceless items. You can have one on display where you can see it and admire the beauty of it then keep the other one someplace safe as an investment! These are going fast and won't last long! If you're on the fence about buying one, now's the time to jump in!

"If you're like me and you love to get your lunch out, or a thing of coffee from that fancy coffee store eveyone visits, you will spend far more than this on just those indulgences alone and have nothing to show for it! This is an investment in the future! Only a thousand of these will ever be made! We only have a handful left and they're going fast! Hurry! Now! Buy!!!! Buy now before they're gone! What's that? We're down to just a handfull left? Oh, my goodness! Hurry up people! This is your last chance! You'll hate yourself later if you don't take advantage of this once in a lifetime deal! And it's too late! They're gone! Congratulations, if you were one of the lucky ones who got one!"

That's about how they'd sell it. It's how they sell everything. Lots of power words and subtle (not always so subtle) pressure to buy.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Exorbitant Disney licensing trying to capitalize on the newly released movie.  Limited Edition?  Numbered on the bottom?Insane. 

I'd pay money to see one of the hosts try to sell that.

You don't have to pay money. Here's the likely script for the presentation.

"Up next, and oh my, I can't believe we were fortunate enough to get enough of these to sell, is the rarest of rare, brand new, highly collectible and sought after Precious Moments collectible! This is just amazing! Only a thousand of these will ever be made and sold! Think about that for a minute. Where else can you be one of only a thousand people in the world to own something? If you collect Precious Moments, or Disney collectibles or even the Disney princesses, this is a must have for your collection!

"We were lucky enough to be able to get our hands on just a few of the thousand that are being made and we were lucky enough to be able to get a special, one time only price on these. When they're gone, they're gone! Each one of these precious, nearly priceless collectibles, is the result of hundreds of hours of patient hand work with details that are incredible! It's like you're in the movie when you look at this!"

"Oh, and we've got a caller on the line! Is this Myrtle from Mrytle Beach?"

"Why yes, it is. I saw this and I just had to get one. I've been a collector for decades now and this is just too precious to pass up."

"I know! It's true! I've sold lots of collecitbles through the years and there's nothing we've sold that matches the quality and beauty of this item. Did you just buy one?"

"Yes, I was tempted to get a second one to set aside, but it's a lot of money."

"I know, but my husband golfs and just bought himself a new driver that costs more than this and that driver will never go up in value while this may very well double or triple in value in short order. Only a thousand of these will ever be made! With all of the Precious Moments collectors, Disney collectors and more out there, how can these not go up in value? This is truly an investment piece!"

"You know what? You're right! Could you put me back on with the customer service rep so I can add another one?"

"I sure will! There you go! Now the smart money, like that of Myrtle's is on buying multiples of these priceless items. You can have one on display where you can see it and admire the beauty of it then keep the other one someplace safe as an investment! These are going fast and won't last long! If you're on the fence about buying one, now's the time to jump in!

"If you're like me and you love to get your lunch out, or a thing of coffee from that fancy coffee store eveyone visits, you will spend far more than this on just those indulgences alone and have nothing to show for it! This is an investment in the future! Only a thousand of these will ever be made! We only have a handful left and they're going fast! Hurry! Now! Buy!!!! Buy now before they're gone! What's that? We're down to just a handfull left? Oh, my goodness! Hurry up people! This is your last chance! You'll hate yourself later if you don't take advantage of this once in a lifetime deal! And it's too late! They're gone! Congratulations, if you were one of the lucky ones who got one!"

That's about how they'd sell it. It's how they sell everything. Lots of power words and subtle (not always so subtle) pressure to buy.

@gardenman

LOL....I think you nailed it!!!! Woman LOL

And you can also add..............

The host:  And wouldn't this look great in your daughter's or grandaughter's bedroom and wouldn't it go great with the Scott Brother's Tencel Sheet Set that was the Today's Special Value a few days ago, I believe there are a few sheet sets left in array of colors and sizes....ask your Order Operator about those, the special price won't apply but still a great value...........And if your buying this for your own bedroom, check out Carol Hochman's sleepwear items online in coordinating colors...........And wouldn't it be fun to sit and admire your exquistie figurine while snacking on a Junior's Cheesecake......BTW my daughter played the lead in an off-Broadway production of the story...............

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

I don't understand collecting anything these days..Collections just turn into stuff that needs storage space...then they eventually turn into stuff that your kids have to get rid of.Little trinkets that make me happy for the moment have been replaced with experiences that give me a lifetime of memories.

I think a lot of people still "collect"things, but many now want collections of useful things.

Like collecting baskets, but using them as functional work or storage pieces. Or collecting a particular line of dishes/bakeware (Pyrex, corning ware, Polish stonesware etc.).

Esteemed Contributor

Has to be an error. 

That stuff has been at Big Lots for ages at less than a dollar. 

Never collected such atrocities, never will.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

I thought at least it would play music, but nope, just what you see.

It's $100 less on Amazon, which also tells us that it's a limited edition of 1,000. No questions, no reviews. Says it's from China.

You can get a not-dissimilar music box ("Be Our Guest") with LED lights for $81. 

@lolakimono, you were right. It is a joke.