Honored Contributor

Re: I Just Adore a Lake House View...

@jellyBEAN  and @moonandthestars 

This one is on Lake Chatuge in North Carolina...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@stevieb YES PLEASE!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

Pretty house, nice view.  But there are ocean people and there are lake people.  I am an ocean person.

@faeriemoon  To tell you the truth, I'm neither. Oh, I can appreciate the aesthetics of both and hence the post, and either is fine for a visit, but I probably wouldn't choose either as 'home'. That said, as I've aged I've come to appreciate lake settings more and more and have gravitated away from 'the beach'...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Beautiful house and view.  I would take it if it came w/an elevator, gardener, chef and server,  housekeeper, etc etc.................

Honored Contributor

I have a friend that sold her lake home 2 years ago.  It was nice but, oh my, the work involved in upkeep, she does not miss it at all.

Honored Contributor

I love it!  It has a very appealing exterior and the view spectacular.  My parents bought a summer home in 1951 not on the lake but up the road from it.  The house is a small one but we spent all of our summers there and I wouldn't have traded it for any other place.  In fact I made long term friends and met hundreds of people over the years from all over, so many memories.

I love the ocean too and am close enough to the shore to take advantage of what it offers.  I always wanted a place with both the mountains and shore!

Esteemed Contributor

Absolutely lovely, beautiful, charming and so many other things!  Alas, I can only dream to live like that.  

Honored Contributor

What a beautiful home.  I am sitting on our deck overlooking a lake in PA right now.  Of course, I am not in a house that is splendid like the one shown.  I am in our RV that is permanent on our site.

Nevertheless, the view of the Lake is very beautiful.  When the leaves change color this fall, it will be even more spectacular.  America is is beautiful country.

Respected Contributor

@stevieb  Thanks!  I'm going to browse zillow Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Now that is what I call living.  I will take the lake over the ocean view any day.  Lakes are peaceful and they don't have salt water.

kindness is strength