Honored Contributor

Re: I Just Adore a Lake House View...

I live in a cottage on a lake and have a view just like this minus the backdrop of mountains. Heart

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

This is absolutely gorgeous! It is a bit big for hubby and I, but for our extended family it's perfect! 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb 

YES!  gorgeous view & house to watch it from.  The 2 floor decks/balconies allow you to relax wherever & whenever you want.  The sliding doors on both floors allow for the natural light & perfect views from indoors.

Thanks for sharing.

EDIT:  many of you expressed your love of the ocean more than a lake .. well, .. I do as well.  There's nothing like the waves crashing esp. while sleeping, watching all the sea life, esp., my favorite "sandpipers," & all the other sea birds, the lovely ocean air scent,jumping waves, the lighthouses, & so many more enjoyable things to see & do.  A small 4/5 room home, one floor is our wish list near the beach.  If it ever happens, it will be a miracle for us.  Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

Pretty house, nice view.  But there are ocean people and there are lake people.  I am an ocean person.

@faeriemoon  To tell you the truth, I'm neither. Oh, I can appreciate the aesthetics of both and hence the post, and either is fine for a visit, but I probably wouldn't choose either as 'home'. That said, as I've aged I've come to appreciate lake settings more and more and have gravitated away from 'the beach'...

@stevieb For me it's not just "the beach".  It's more "the ocean" and all that it entails.  Truth be told; I find lakes kind of creepy.

That being said, I still find the house and setting in your OP to be quite beautiful.

@faeriemoon  I don't know why, but I've long found any large body of water sort of daunting, most especially at night... Go figure...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@jellyBEAN  and @moonandthestars 

This one is on Lake Chatuge in North Carolina...

@stevieb 

I figured it looked like NC or Tennessee form the mountains and the trees.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb 

As much as I love the ocean, vast stretches of water at night can be ominous. I guess at this stage of my life I am just more comfortable with our little city lakes where shoreline is visible. Why that gives me comfort is ???

Esteemed Contributor

LOVE 😍😍😍😍😍😍

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Marvelous....I'll take the woods and the view of a lake over the ocean any day...more privacy...great house!