Regular Contributor

What is this mattress like? What do you set it on top of? Do you need a box spring or bed frame?

Respected Contributor

Can't answer you question other than yes, the one I tried one & it needed a box spring. Google for more information.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Which mattress are you referring to?

Most hybrid matresses can be placed on any frame except the old beds that had just a few slats. Box spring, adjustable frame and even the floor should all work..

Honored Contributor

Re: Hybrid Mattress advice

[ Edited ]

We have a hybrid that we purchased from Wayfair and we love it!  The setup is totally up to you.  You can use a traditioinal box spring on a traditional bedframe or you can use a platform (the hybrid mattress goes directly on the frame - no box spring).  We chose to use a platform that sits about 14" high so there's a nice amount of storage under the bed.

Regular Contributor

I have a couple of questions too about these types of mattresses. first closer to firm or softer side, second weight for a couple? I have an interspring which we replaced and now we have a sagging problem again Third difference in brands? and 4th are tempapedics nice and are they worth the money since they are pricey compared to other brands

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hybrid Mattress advice

[ Edited ]

I have a Sealy Trust II. It is so comfortable. I love it. It’s more on the firmer side. I have it on a adjustable frame.