New Contributor

How to decorate an unused fireplace

I have two fireplaces in my home that I do not use. Any suggestions

as to what I can put in it? I like flameless candles but not sure how to

display them???

Honored Contributor

Re: How to decorate an unused fireplace

DD had a nonworking fireplace in an old home she bought.....she used a candelabra-style holder and put flameless candles in it.....it was beautiful when lit in the evenings

Super Contributor

Valued Contributor

We have a Duraflame electric heater in our family room FP, to take the chill off some evenings & look alike logs in the LR..it uses the canned fuel...lasts 2-3 hours for a nice cozy fire...once in a while...no decorating needed..Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

When we had a wood burning fire place in the summer I would clean it out and and put flowers in side and some times I would also put candles in it, it looked nice. I recently saw on pinterest they had taken an old window frame and set it in front of the opening, or it fit just inside not sure but it looked nice as well.

Valued Contributor

On 1/23/2014 upsidedown said:

DD had a nonworking fireplace in an old home she bought.....she used a candelabra-style holder and put flameless candles in it.....it was beautiful when lit in the evenings

This exactly what I do during the summer. We do use our fireplace (it's wood burning) during the fall and winter but I like the look of a fire going but it's a little to hot during the summer. The flame less candles are so pretty and make for a nice change during the summer. HTH
Esteemed Contributor

For those that use candles in their fireplace, try standing a mirror against the back wall inside the fireplace. It will add so much additional light.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

The q has a 7 piece candle impressions set of pillars at a fair price. The entire candle lights. A suggestion I had was to get a branch/log and cut it at different heights and put the candles on them.

Occasional Contributor

When selling a house many years ago, our realtor brought a huge silk flower arrangement, with lots of greens, and placed in inside the fireplace. Im not a faux flower/plant lover but Wow, it looked great!
Respected Contributor

~A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words~