Respected Contributor

Re: How often do you wash/replace towels in guest bath?

@Sister Golden Hair wrote:

@Reba055 wrote:

I set my guest room and bath up like a swanky hotel. Guests always comment and seem to really appreciate it. I have a beautiful tray with all kinds of lotions, various hair products, scented soaps, extra toothbrushes, toothpaste, etc.,, you get the idea. I also put out two large hand towels by the sink, and towels and washcloths at the very end of the counter. I do have a large vanity (is that the word? Lol, anyway whatever the sink is in)  between the bedroom and the bathroom. It's a Jack n Jill.  And I put out nice bottled water. 

I also have have a beautiful basket on the floor that I put rolled towels, hand towels, and washcloths in. Nothing is worse than staying at someone's house and having to hunt for towels 😜

Don't forget a nightlight, candles, a few magazines, etc. I will even make a basket sometimes with snacks and candies to put in the bedroom if they are staying a few days. And a nice blanket folded across the bottom of the bed. Some people get cold even in the summer ( we like the AC cold). And have a few types of shampoo, conditioners, and bath products for them to choose from. And extra poofs. 

Sorry to rattle on, I'm tired. What I find about the towels is most people will still not want to seem imposing so they tend to use the same one. What I do is say, usually at breakfast, that I'm doing a load of towels, if they would like to bring their's down, I can go ahead and throw them in. That seems to work well and they can use a fresh towel everyday, or at least every other day. 

I know not everyone has that much room, but doing a little extra really makes your guests feel welcome. 

@Reba055 I want to come visit youWoman Very Happy

@Sister Golden Hair Aww, that's sweet. It's something I learned from observing my dear mother, with a few of my own added touches😊 As adult children, she did/does it for us, as well as guests. My mom is loving and nurturing and it always feels so good to visit! 

Honored Contributor

Re: How often do you wash/replace towels in guest bath?

I leave extra clean towels & washcloths and an extra blanket in the top dresser drawer in the guest room, and tell them they are there for them to use.