Contributor

How often do you wash/replace towels in guest bath?

Since I have folks coming to stay for 4th of July long weekend.... If you have guests over for a few days or more, how often do you wash their towels? Or do you just leave a hamper in the bathroom and a stock of fresh towels so they can choose when they need new ones?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: How often do you wash/replace towels in guest bath?

I would empty their hamper & wash their towels daily plus make sure they have a clean supply of towels on hand to use as the need them!!

Honored Contributor

If they're only staying for the weekend, I would only wash them once they leave!  I have friends stay for two weeks at a time and I swap out their towels every three to four days.

And the last friend who stayed last month thought that was too often!  She said once a week was fine, but I changed them more often anyway.  My guests also always know that there are plenty more in the bathroom cupboard and to help themselves, if they want to.

Honored Contributor

I'd leave a stack and hamper like you said.  I also keep a box of Kleenex hand towels and tissues in the bathroom.

Trusted Contributor

Stack of towels and the hamper.  It's not like it happens all the time, so I don't mind doing the extra load of laundry if they use a lot of them.

Contributor

Thanks ladies! I was concerned about running out of towels even if I leave a stack of them, but I think daily washing will be good. I just feel sort of bad having to sneak into the guest bath room to grab the hamper at a convenient time Smiley Happy In my case, these friends are staying 4 days, but I know I'll have a lot more visitors coming this year so want to be all prepped up Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I set my guest room and bath up like a swanky hotel. Guests always comment and seem to really appreciate it. I have a beautiful tray with all kinds of lotions, various hair products, scented soaps, extra toothbrushes, toothpaste, etc.,, you get the idea. I also put out two large hand towels by the sink, and towels and washcloths at the very end of the counter. I do have a large vanity (is that the word? Lol, anyway whatever the sink is in)  between the bedroom and the bathroom. It's a Jack n Jill.  And I put out nice bottled water. 

I also have have a beautiful basket on the floor that I put rolled towels, hand towels, and washcloths in. Nothing is worse than staying at someone's house and having to hunt for towels 😜

Don't forget a nightlight, candles, a few magazines, etc. I will even make a basket sometimes with snacks and candies to put in the bedroom if they are staying a few days. And a nice blanket folded across the bottom of the bed. Some people get cold even in the summer ( we like the AC cold). And have a few types of shampoo, conditioners, and bath products for them to choose from. And extra poofs. 

Sorry to rattle on, I'm tired. What I find about the towels is most people will still not want to seem imposing so they tend to use the same one. What I do is say, usually at breakfast, that I'm doing a load of towels, if they would like to bring their's down, I can go ahead and throw them in. That seems to work well and they can use a fresh towel everyday, or at least every other day. 

I know not everyone has that much room, but doing a little extra really makes your guests feel welcome. 

Respected Contributor

@Phelina wrote:

Since I have folks coming to stay for 4th of July long weekend.... If you have guests over for a few days or more, how often do you wash their towels? Or do you just leave a hamper in the bathroom and a stock of fresh towels so they can choose when they need new ones?

The linen closet is in the hallway where guest bedroom/bath is.  I always show my guests the linen closet and say to help themselves to contents...but I would also check towel situation and take care of whatever needs to be done, change out towels, toilet paper, make sure there's plenty of liquid hand soap, tidy up a bit.

Honored Contributor

I live in a resort city.........Hilton and Westin are nearby, and that's where I suggest visitors stay.     Honestly, I get "requests" from people I haven't seen in 30 years to stay at my house............no way (!)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I rarely have guests that stay over, but when I do, I like to gather all their towels daily and make sure they have clean each day.

For ourselves, we use hand and bath towels for a couple of days sometimes, but I would want a guest to have fresh each day.