Honored Contributor

Re: How much yellow is just right?

I wanted my foyer to be yellow, it's small and the chandelier shades are black and the accessories are black.   The chandelier itself is black with gold accents.

I wanted the walls to be more gold-ish, than yellow.    Cannot get it right.   Since it's small I may try again this year to get it right.

I have 3 bedrooms, the "spare" bedroom is yellow, I love it.

I do not like that neon yellow.

The yellow in the kitchen with the black chairs are my style.   Not a windsor back chair in particular, that picture gives me ideas!  I have white cabinets.  I like to paint.

I never wear yellow

Honored Contributor

The living room is very nice. All four bedroom are yellow and will eventually painting grey and white with some yellow.

Esteemed Contributor

I am only seeing three pictures.  I do like the first one the best.  I have a lighter yellow guest bath with gray tile and it is very pretty and happy.   I have pictures and vases of sunflowers in there too.  People always tell me how nicely decorated it is but I give the credit to the colors.

Respected Contributor

My kitchen in whichever house is always painted yellow. Lately I have gone to a softer shade. 

Trusted Contributor

Never too much yellow in my opinion, but a soft calming yellow I do prefer.

It always looks so fresh on walls or an accent color in pillows, candles, etc.

Honored Contributor

I like the third picture with the yellow cabinets. I could live there.

Honored Contributor

I love the first one, the kitchen is okay and a definite no for the living room.

Respected Contributor

All three spaces would be too much for me.

Honored Contributor

I just had my home interior repainted.

I have 1 accent wall in kitchen (where there is a bay window)/den area in a very light yellow.

In DR I painted 1 accent wall (triple sliders) yellow & 1 accent wall in LR (these are one big room) same color.

The rest of the walls are done in creamy white color with gloss white for trim, door & baseboards.  

The yellow is mellow enough it just accents the rooms & decor enhances it.

I like yellow if it's done in the right tones.  The pictures here are much to bright yellow 

Honored Contributor

I love the first picture, the soft buttery yellow on the walls.  Very similar to the yellow walls we have in a few rooms in our home.

As much as I love a soft yellow, I can't get used to yellow cabinets (but OMG LOVE that range!). 

The 3rd is too jarring to my eye.  Not soothing for me.