Esteemed Contributor

How many dishcloths/dish towels do you use.........

in a day.  I just did a load of kitchen cloths/towels and was amazed at the number. We do a load every 4 or 5 days.  It's a separate load from bath towels.

We put out clean ones every day.  One over the door on the stove, one on a magnetic hook on the fridge and one folded on the sink.  I use microfiber cloths to handwash dishes and another to wipe down counters.  If sometimes gets spilled on the floor we grab another microfiber cloth.

I have a thing for dishtowels. I have more than any sane person needs.

Am I alone on this?

Super Contributor

Re: How many dishcloths/dish towels do you use.........

You are not alone!! Lol!

Esteemed Contributor

@Deb0509  Thanks, I thought I should look for a 12 step program.  Kitchen Linens Anonymous.

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@Deb0509  Thanks, I thought I should look for a 12 step program.  Kitchen Linens Anonymous.

Nope, they won't have you until you have more then 1 drying rack for dirty out in the garage.

Ask me how I know 😂

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2   You have lots of company, I suspect.  I buy a lot of them, often from Sur la Table, eespecially when they are on clearance.  I probably go through a dozen a week.

Like you, I wash them in a separate small load.  Hanging up in the kitchen according to seasonal prints or colors can "freshen" the feel of my kitchen and enhances my happy place.  Significant Other and I like to cook and do a LOT of cooking, even moreso these days.

aroc3435

Honored Contributor

Again, I'm in the minority.  Rarely use a dish towel.  Have one over the oven handle that stays there for 2 weeks.  I use the select a size paper towels for most things and the dishes go into the dishwasher.  

Honored Contributor

I change my dishrag(cloth) every season and/or when it starts to fall apart.  Whichever comes first.  I can do this because I buy a bunch of them (6 pk for $1) everytime I visit the Dollar Store.

I have not seen a dish towel since I left home in 1968 back in the 20th century.  Folks still use them? Smiley Surprised

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I use many dish towels, each day, dish rags for washing dishes ,at least two each day, i like flour sack dish cloths, terry cloth ones, and others ,i use cheap wash cloths for dish rags.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

Never use a dishtowel.............Bounty or in dishwasher.

Honored Contributor

Depends on what I am doing in the kitchen. If I am cooking or baking I'm using more. In other words, it varies. I use KItchenAid brand and have seasonal ones for decor.