Honored Contributor

Re: How many books do you have displayed in your home?

Too many!  The walls throughout my house are recessed and I had book shelves built into the recesses.  The house was full of bookcases and this eliminated the bookcases.  This was the best solution as books on religion, philosophy, art, esoteric subjects, health/cookbooks I revisit and even though the books are now up high I have them arranged by subject matter and by looking I know the books by their covers so they are easy to retrieve.  Any books that are not likely to be revisited are culled and donated.  Reading and researching gives me joy!

Honored Contributor

I definitely need to purge some cookbooks from the cupboard and donate them. I don't use them and they are taking up valuable real estate in my cookbook cupboard.

Trusted Contributor

Very few books.  I pass them on to friends after I read them, as I do not reread novels.  Plus, I have been reading on my Kindle for a few years.  Books use lots of shelf space, and I prefer displaying family treasures, travel mementos, and photographs.  Nothing is on my walls, tables, shelves unless it has sentimental meaning or memories attached to it.  It has been a journey but, since I'm now in my early 70's, I have learned to let go of "stuff" and keep only those items that make me smile.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love books and love to read.  I have an antique bookcase, in it I have about 40 books (and some collectibles displayed) the books are ones that are special to me (inspirational books, angel and Christmas story collections, Erma Bombeck books that were my moms etc.---).  I also have a small stack of 2 cozy mystery series on an end table shelf that I'm currently in the process of reading.   A couple on my bedroom nightstand.

My cookbooks are kept in a kitchen cabinet for easy access when I need them...

I have donated and continue to donate books that I have read to various charity organizations to keep the number of books I have manageable.  I prefer hard cover books over electronic....

Image result for book emoticon

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

I have a room which is a library and music room.  It holds 2,000-3,000 volumes.