Honored Contributor

Re: How many books do you have displayed in your home?

@athenian wrote:

Too many to count.  We have bookcases in every room but the dining room and laundry. I, too, mostly read on kindle now, but still buy hard copy art books, and frequently revisit old favorites.  Having known a few true bookaholics, I don't think there's a problem unless they're stacked in front of the bathtub.

"An education by books...is an ornament in society and a solace when alone."

LOL @athenian,

I have books in the kitchen/dining area, it's all one area, and in the bathroom, and in the craft/office library room, and in the basement and in hubs shop (his books). Oh and in the living room. Oh and in the nightstands bedroom area too, mostly his. I just fall asleep. I didn't say a lot in these areas, but some, just in case we are in need of reading. Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

easily 500+ and more that are on display on bookshelves, coffee tables, nightstands, and on etageres. i have 100 just of the collectible ones that are leather bound and called  the "100 greatest books  and a similar series of leather bound medical books. if i counted the ones that are in cabinets or closets or underneath beds there would easily be more!

when my daughter graduated from college SHE had a lot of books also.....and she moved back home......so we gained even more for the time being.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I have 65 first edition signed copies that are my treasure & displayed proudly in my living room in 2 different bookcases.  

Honored Contributor

My hubby and I both love to read, we both had tons of books when we got married and inherited many more when his parents passed. It was out of hand, to say the least. Hard bound, paperbacks, coffee table type books. We both have kindles now and finally donated probably 95% of them. Very liberating to not have my house crammed full of books (that we never re-read, just hung on to).
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

None - when we moved to Florida I donated many boxes of books to our library that was just starting up in our community. The ones I kept I have stored in a closed cupboard in the entertainment center. Now a days I don't buy books , I get them on my kindle to read. My library there is huge.

Honored Contributor

I have a friend who moved into a condo that was converted from an old elementary school. Her unit is in the area that was the library - she asked them to leave all the built in bookcases intact. She has them all filled up with books and nick nacks and artwork on little easels. It is fabulous.

Esteemed Contributor

Zero.

While I consider myself an avid reader and still buy real books, once read., they go on the bay to resell (recouping some cash) or they get donated for the writeoff.

My cookbooks are put away. I keep a few good reads in my nightstands.

Honored Contributor

91127592430439913_v3Fce873_c.jpg (240×300)

Woman Happy

Super Contributor

I LOVE, LOVE books....reading is my total hobby.  My bookcase in my living area.  I have another full bookcase in my guest room that only contains my interior design books.

Side note:  that stuffed animal on the small chair=it's the "big bad wolf" and he's holding grandma (from Little Red Riding Hood).  I bought it at Ikea a couple of weeks ago and thought that I should put him by my bookcase.  The little chair was used by my children when they were young.

20160608_183710.jpg

Honored Contributor

@chi5925

Sooooooo pretty!

~ house cat ~