Honored Contributor

Re: How do you guys hang pictures?

@ValuSkr wrote:

I use picture hooks, like those already mentioned.  Maybe your mother wants you to use a picture rail.  Smiley Happy

picture rail.jpg

This is beautiful @ValuSkr.  Heart

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Laura14 wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

I use picture hooks, like those already mentioned.  Maybe your mother wants you to use a picture rail.  Smiley Happy

picture rail.jpg

This is beautiful @ValuSkr.  Heart

@ValuSkr  Agree your home is stunning.  I'm not even looking at the artwork!

@Laura14  I was so scared you went on a search of picture ooks and we'd never hear from you again!Woman LOL

I'm crackin myself up here!

(corrected a million typos)

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm  LOL  I wish that was my home!  I use picture hooks, not a picture rail.  So, unfortunately, that photo was found on the internet.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ValuSkr wrote:

@Lucky Charm  LOL  I wish that was my home!  I use picture hooks, not a picture rail.  So, unfortunately, that photo was found on the internet.

@ValuSkr

I never even noticed the picture rail!  I don't think I've ever seen one.

The thing about those rooms pictured are, anyone can do that if that's the look they want. 

As long as you have walls, every bit of that technique could be done!

Honored Contributor

@Laura14....1st I make sure 1st time that is where I want the picture hung, I do not like holes in the walls, and you can never fix the wall to make that hold disappear.

2nd Depending on weight and the make up of your walls they should be put in a stud...my husband uses those things that open up once hammered into the wall...sorry don't know the name.....but they can hold more weight that just pounding a nail into plaster.

Honored Contributor

@Laura14.  All the hardware stores now carry these Monkey Hooks which you just push into drywall with your fingers.  They'll hold an amazing weight.

Screenshot_20190111-164507.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Laura14

I first saw them on QVC, but now get them from amazon.

Monkey Hooks, Gorilla Hooks, maybe even other names.  They work great and leave only a tiny hole.  They are for drywall.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Valued Contributor

I use picture hooks that I picked up at Home Depot. I hang artwork at eye level (mine, I'm short).  I have a fireplace in my kichen and I placed artwork on the manel as hanging it would have been too high. 

Honored Contributor

I love the Hercules Hooks.

Be careful with the Command Hooks, for some reason I've never had luck with them on painted walls - they fell off and the pictures came crashing down.  They only work on wallpaper for me. 

Trusted Contributor

@Justice4all wrote:

@Laura14 ook nails

I also use OOK Nails.

They have many types and some that hold up to 200 lbs.

I had a heavy mirror from Pier 1 and I tought OH NO!!!

How will I hang this item?  Well I went on Amazon and found the OOK Nails.  I hung the mirror with two hooks to be on the safe side.  

Also I watched quite a few you tube videos that showed how to add wire to a picture, and nail the items correctly on a wall so it is placed nicely.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!