Honored Contributor

Re: How do you guys hang pictures?

@ItsME  Thanks!  I just checked my Walmart and they have a whole box of Ook picture hanger things including this for anything from 10-100lbs for less than $10 so I'll pick that up over the weekend and be all set to start swinging.  

I appreciate it guys.  Thank you all very much!

@Mominohio I am going to have to figure out my arrangement too.  Now you know you're all getting another thread on what to hang where.  LOL

Honored Contributor

For large, heavy items, Hercules Hooks--they are great.  Make a very small hole and support heavy pictures.  Easy to use.

Honored Contributor

Another vote for Hercules Hooks. Those can be used to hang anything heavy or not.

Respected Contributor

When I moved into this place they said I can not put any holes in the walls, even small ones so that limits me. What I have up I just used the command strips, hope they don't leave a mark when I take them down.

Respected Contributor

Picture hanging hooks are probably "right", but who cares?

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Trusted Contributor

Also eye level. I often see pictures hung to high.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Laura14

I like the Hercules Hooks too.

If you need something easy to hang large mirrors or anything heavy check out what's called a Z Bar hanger or French Cleat hanger.

We used those in our bathrooms when we remodeled for the mirrors. We wondered how we were going to hang the mirrors so we would not have to worry about them falling off the wall. LOL!!! These are not going any place. The ones we used had a built in level so we could see it was straight. I don't know if all brands have that little level on them or not. They come in different sizes also.

Honored Contributor

I use picture hooks, like those already mentioned.  Maybe your mother wants you to use a picture rail.  Smiley Happy

picture rail.jpg

Valued Contributor

I checked out Martha Stuarts new book and it had a section of hanging pictures    Im still thinking of purchasing the book but just go to a bookstore and read it  Bjs 21 dollars  Well worth it but Im 67 and trying not to buy books that I might need  If you are young pick it up it has everything in it you will ever need

Respected Contributor

I use picture hooks.