Super Contributor

Re: How do you get rid of spiders?

We swear by our "Spider traps" !!  We started having brown resluses & were informed that we could buy them at our local feed store (5 traps per package)...once the traps are put together (very easy), the shape of them are a long brown triangle on the outside with very sticky residue on the inside......the spiders crawl in & can't get out......we set out about 15 traps all throughout our house & every trap had brown recluses plus other types of crawling insects.  I've also seen these traps online as well.......

Honored Contributor

There is a little spider who lives in one corner of a window next to my computer. It's a very small spider and it makes the cutest webs!Smiley Happy Every week when I dust the sills, I see little gnat-looking things caught in it's web. I just don't have the heart to whisk away it's home. This little spider has become a sort of pet, in a weird sense, but I enjoy watching  it everyday. It's cute to me and I don't want to kill it. I know, you probably think I'm weird and creepy...LOL!Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

Being in a camper all summer we do have them terribly, I vacuum them up and vacuum down the webs every day - and they go right back up. My solution - go home to Florida. We don't see many small bugs like spiders there because the toads, frogs and geckos eat them. So - my question is , how does one get rid of toads, frogs and geckos? And bats - we have a ton of bats at night (not all bad as they eat a ton of mosquitos).

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

Being in a camper all summer we do have them terribly, I vacuum them up and vacuum down the webs every day - and they go right back up. My solution - go home to Florida. We don't see many small bugs like spiders there because the toads, frogs and geckos eat them. So - my question is , how does one get rid of toads, frogs and geckos? And bats - we have a ton of bats at night (not all bad as they eat a ton of mosquitos).

@151949, why does this feel like a catch-22 thing we have going on here. Maybe we need a trade. LOL

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

There is a little spider who lives in one corner of a window next to my computer. It's a very small spider and it makes the cutest webs!Smiley Happy Every week when I dust the sills, I see little gnat-looking things caught in it's web. I just don't have the heart to whisk away it's home. This little spider has become a sort of pet, in a weird sense, but I enjoy watching  it everyday. It's cute to me and I don't want to kill it. I know, you probably think I'm weird and creepy...LOL!Woman LOL

@SilleeMee, we had a huge one outside our picture window at least 5 yrs ago. It was, as we called it, a science project. I know what you mean though, they work hard and their webs outside (not in) can be quite elaborate. But I don't want to keep vaccuming!! I'm done for today.

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal,

I was just checking amazon for "pet-friendly spider killer" and there are some options there. One in particular caught my eye was Terminix. Costly...$25!

41aRVBo6NVL._AC_US160_.jpg

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal@SilleeMeeWe have a little guy like that too in the corner of a window.  His name is "Herman" and we enjoy his art work!

I do clean it, just not him!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG,

Woman Very Happy How cute to have a name for him. Mine has no name.  I do keep its  house clean when I see its little fly trap getting full.Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

What's that pig and spider movie?  Oh my gosh! LOL

Shades of Charlotte's Web!!! LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@TX-starlight wrote:

Try putting Peppermint oil on cotton balls, or mix a spray of peppermint oil/water to spray around. I use it on cotton pads in my closets-no more spiders (Closet is where my spiders like to hid,lol)

Yep.

You can also use citrus oil, cedar oil, or white vinegar.