Contributor

Re: How do you clean under your heavy bed?

I vote for the Roomba. I keep saying I'm going to downsize and if I do my Roomba is going with me that's for sure.

Super Contributor

On 1/15/2014 jubilant said:

It really should be done weekly and right now that is not happening!

You clean under the bed every week?

Words fail me.

Honored Contributor

I leave a "Jessie, please clean under the bed" note on the kitchen counter.

Honored Contributor

my trusty Kenmore canister vacuum cleaner. I use it weekly under my queen bed. I can't move my bed either. I get out my canister and vacuum away.

Respected Contributor

I have a queen sleigh bed and I put sliders under all four corners. I can slide the bed around by myself on the carpet. It's a little heavy, but I can do it. I find that dust collects more on the back side of the headboard than under the bed.

Trusted Contributor

The last Dyson TSV and one of the Shark vacuums both have a hose that bends and can vacuum underneath a bed. The hose bends but you remain upright.

Contributor

I let my cleaning lady do it

Trusted Contributor

On 1/15/2014 viva923 said:

my trusty Kenmore canister vacuum cleaner. I use it weekly under my queen bed. I can't move my bed either. I get out my canister and vacuum away.

Same here. A Kenmore or Panasonic canister is great for vacuuming under beds!

Honored Contributor

On 1/15/2014 ennui1 said:
On 1/15/2014 jubilant said:

It really should be done weekly and right now that is not happening!

You clean under the bed every week? {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Words fail me.

No, not for some time now.... but waking up every morning all plugged up and a couple of sinus infections make me feel like it might help.

Honored Contributor

DH is leaning toward one of the sweepers that go under the bed. My daughter does not think I will like a twin bed because I have slept in a queen for so long. I never go to the other side of the bed and I told her it might prepare me some day for those beds in the nursing home! Hoping that's a long way off. You go into a hotel and the end tables are built into a wall. I have seen things that the elderly go through. I don't consider myself elderly yet but why not get prepared. I feel if I could make my home more ""elder friendly"" maybe we would not feel the need to sell our home. I am revamping my closets so I don't need heavy dressers. The more of these things we do the less dependent we will have to be on our kids. I have spent 15-20 yrs. running parents and taking care of them. Dad recently went into a home and mom still needs help. Remember ""The Jetson's"" on TV???? Maybe that's what I'm after. Push button everything I have seen some of those tiny little houses posted on here. I think I could live in one with a little basement and nothing high or heavy in it. As you can see I am spastic on convenience right now....maybe a little overboard. While I love my parents....I just don't want my kids to have to do what I did for 20 yrs. if I can at all help it.