Honored Contributor

Re: How do you change your home in the summertime?

@ID2 wrote:

Since I have a yellow cottage with white trim I always put out my red, white and blue from Memorial Day to Labor Day. I hang my buntings on the porch railings and put small flags and twirlies throughout my gardens and rock garden. I love the look, espeically living on a lake.

This is my fantasy -  a yellow and white cottage near the water.  💛

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I change some of my less fixed accessories like throws, pillows and decorative objects and do tend to opt for lighter (both in color and weight) bedding. The only truly seasonal or holiday decorations I use are for fall ad Christmas. I don't decorate at all for summer holidays, nor do I do any sort of 'beach theme'...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Turn on the air conditioner.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The only change I make is from a comforter and lined drapes in my bedroom in winter, to a bedspread and blackout balloon shades for summer.

Growing up, I watched my mom push herself to exhaustion with jobs she CHOSE to do on our house.  Spring cleaning, fall cleaning, mopping, waxing, starching, ironing; Mom was a non-stop cleaning machine.   I strive for clean with as little effort as possible.   

Frequent Contributor

Here in NY I wash the windows and put the screens in the windows. Take the heavy blankets off the beds, wash them up put them away until fall. Other than putting the chairs on the deck it is all pretty simple. BTW went to HomeDepot and bought a new slinky hose and a pot big pot of half grown tomato plants. Done.

Frequent Contributor

Here in NY I wash the windows and put the screens in the windows. Take the heavy blankets off the beds, wash them up put them away until fall. Other than putting the chairs on the deck it is all pretty simple. BTW went to HomeDepot today and bought a new slinky hose and a pot big pot of half grown tomato plants. Done.

Respected Contributor

Duvets and throws are stored and lightweight quilts go onto the beds, Lighter colored towels go into the bathrooms.  Throw pillow covers are switched from darker colors to lighter ones.  Teal-accented dishware takes the place of red-accented dishes.  Lemon scent replaces cinnamon scent.  White/cream candles replace darker colored candles.  Seed pod chandelier light shades replace black ones.

The front door wreath gets changed several times a year for speciific holidays, seasons, etc.

Honored Contributor

LOL this may not be what you want, but for us, we use a/c and shut off the heat. Wallah!!

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

LOL this may not be what you want, but for us, we use a/c and shut off the heat. Wallah!!

@qualitygal Woman LOL, White beds for me.

Honored Contributor

I change out bedding, accent pillows and some seasonal or holiday decorations.  I usually keep the same decor for both spring/summer (except I'll add lightweight blankets for summer), have a different look for autumn, Christmas and winter ( keep some items like snowmen).