Honored Contributor

Re: How do YOU get stains out of a white sink?

@Katcat1 wrote:

@granddi    Try hot water and bleach and let it sit in the sink.  After 10 to 15 minutes wet your sponge in the water/bleach and drain.  Use the wet sponge to scrub out the rest.

I do this too. Usually I'll do it when I'm alone. I"ll let it sit about an hour.

I have a white ceramic sink. If this doesn't work, Soft Scrub always does!  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

I think it would depend of whether your sink was porcelain of one of the new durable plastic sinks.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

I think it would depend of whether your sink was porcelain of one of the new durable plastic sinks.

I did not know there were plastic sinks.  I learn something new everyday!

Honored Contributor

Barkeepers Friend powder.

Respected Contributor

@granddi  I use Bon Ami with a sponge and hot water.  🐤

Depending on how stubborn the stain, I throw in a little elbow grease.  💪

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

We have a white sink too, and swear by Bar Keeper's Friend!

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Be careful of bleach it can ruin the porcelain. 

Also, any dry (Ajax, comet, bar keepers, Bon-ami) scrub, clean, then rinse, then reapply again and let sit, then come back and clean again.

Try filling sink to the height you want, then if you have a tea kettle, boil some water, dissolve dishwasher tablets then add to sink and let soak.

Bio cleaner is very good also, I use with a scrub daddy.

Unfortunately, sometimes it takes a few steps to get the results you want and lots of elbow grease!

Esteemed Contributor

There was another thread regarding this several months back and a lot of people recommended Bar Keeper's Friend.  I never thought the powdered stuff worked as well as Comet so I kind of blew it off.  After rereading that thread, I realized, it was in a liquid form now so I looked for it (took a couple of months).  It does work really well but you do have to scrub quite a bit for those really stubborn stains.  Afterwards, I will rinse out my sink really well and finish up with bleach.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

Bar Keepers Friend Soft Cleanser.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use Clorox Clean-Up spray.  It takes the stains out almost immediately - no soaking or scrubbing required.